Central locking

BX Tech talk
Culasse

Central locking

Post by Culasse »

Just discovered that the LHF door's locking does not lock or unlock with the key. Central locking on and off is fine but nothing happens in key mode.
I have a recollection that this is by design but I am 90% sure that this car used to lock with the key.
Anyone confirm or deny this?
David
BXpert

Re: Central locking

Post by David »

Could you be a little more specific on what you're asking here & provide more details?

What model of car do you have? A GTi or TGD for instance?
Does the car have factory fitted remote controlled central locking?

Do you mean that the passenger door isn't unlocking or locking the other locks when you unlock the car from said door, or is the passenger door's lock not operating when unlocked or locked from the drivers side?

If the car has factory fitted remote central locking, then only the drivers door & the remote will control all the locks, the passenger door never will. It's down to the design of the system.

If the car doesn't have factory fitted remote central locking, then you've probably got a fault with the wires or connectors inside the door.

If the central locking isn't controlling the passenger door, then again you've probably got a fault inside the door. It'd probably be corrosion on the connecters inside the passenger door.

Hope that helps.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

David do you say that it is normal behaviour for the central locking not to work from the passenger door. I am 100% sure that some of the BXs I have had operate the central locking with the key from both sides but not all of them.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

Our (factory-fitted 1992) C/L only works from the driver's door, by key.
Chris
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Jaba wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:39 pm David do you say that it is normal behaviour for the central locking not to work from the passenger door. I am 100% sure that some of the BXs I have had operate the central locking with the key from both sides but not all of them.
Yeah, I wasn't very clear on how I explained that. In short, it depends on the setup of the car;

If the car doesn't have factory fitted remote central locking, then it works from both front doors by default.

If the car does have factory fitted remote central locking, then it only works from the drivers door & the remote control.

That's what I've read somewhere anyway. My BX's central locking, for instance, works from both doors, but it doesn't have a remote control.

In turn, I bought a full set of lock actuators from a GTi a while ago to repair my faulty system, and it only had one 'master' motor, whereas the other three were 'slave' motors. If that's anything to go by, then it would somewhat confirm the theory.

Hope that helps.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Culasse

Post by Culasse »

David wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am
In turn, I bought a full set of lock actuators from a GTi a while ago to repair my faulty system, and it only had one 'master' motor, whereas the other three were 'slave' motors. If that's anything to go by, then it would somewhat confirm the theory.
Aha so that is the difference the locking motors.
I thought it was something to do with contacts on the lock mechanism. I will have to investigate the circuit diagram and see if that sheds any light as I wouldn't mind modding the locking to work on the passenger door.