405 V's BX, you may NOT believe the winner

Anything about BXs
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

405 V's BX, you may NOT believe the winner

Post by Vanny »

so a battle of the budge between Cavmad's ex BX (now mrmrwray's) 1.7 N/A diesel (and i stress the NORMALLY ASPIRATED) against a 1.9 turbo diesel 405 estate K-reg!

Its a battle i had to have three pints over before accepting a winner but the visual footage proves its self!

The 'history' is assisted if you post/read the french car forum website by matey number one (Dom) drove his car at a decent speed into the back of a parked mercedez (outside the Liverpool Mercedez show room in stupidly blinding sunlight), que one rather bashed up 405! A 405 estate was being advertised on the FCF by a guy in Oxford ;pay for the price of the new wheel and you can have the car' was the general jist of the advert. Well after a couple of frantic phone calls (i was very intoxicated and finished the night skinny dipping) and i was persuaded to rebuild the engine once in liverpool! Bugger!

the 405 has a blown head gasket! And tonight i went to the cone club pool session (well the end of it cos my end of year presentation was an hour late then i drove home and voted and didnt get back to my house till 8pm), and after reaching the pub, Mat appeared (this is the guy that 'stole' billys 1.7 diesel bx saloon, its an absolute stunner!) and i was rather surprised until i noticed his car with a 405 estate sticking outta the top!

388 miles the 405 had been towed home on the back of the BX!!! ITS NON TURBO, i hate my BX now having seen just how capable the 1.7 diesel is. They've not had one problem on the way back, not one!

I would show you pictures to prove this feat, but im worried that it might increase the sales price of the BX!

ok maybe one picture:

ALL HAIL THE BX!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Re: 405 V's BX, you may NOT believe the winner

Post by cavmad »

I would show you pictures to prove this feat, but im worried that it might increase the sales price of the BX! [/quote]

It`d better not push the bl**dy price up matey, don`t forget I have first refusal if Mat ever decides to sell :D
BTW I told you it was a good one didn`t I?
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

To be honest... I'm not shocked by this. The XUD is an unbelievable tow engine, and what it lacks in overall power, it makes up for in mid range torque.

In fact, I've done similar, using a naturally aspirated 405 D estate to tow a bleeding huge flatbed trailer, with another 405 estate on it. Still managed to cruise along the A3 at 60mph no problems.
this might be a signature