Just to add to my list of problems...

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Just to add to my list of problems...

Post by cavmad »

..when I jacked my BX up (under the o/s/f subframe) there was a sort of explosion noise from under the bonnet and a large amount of LHM has thrown itself around the engine bay. The cap was on the reservoir so I`m at a loss to think why it`s done this?
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

OOh that sounds like an interesting one, any sign of the source?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I have heard of the end blowing out of the pressure regulator on BXs years ago.
Haven't heard of it lately, but they reckon it ain't a pretty sight.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:OOh that sounds like an interesting one, any sign of the source?
Stewart
Alas not. It is just possible (he says hopefully) that it`s connected to the pipe which has come off under the engine. Maybe it was off before I jacked it up and the pressure of the jack lifting the car has made it blow out?
I only found out the pipe had come off when I raised the car to full height on the suspension then dropped it and the LHM came out, though this was all over the floor not the engine bay.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

sounds like a return somewhere, just been under mine, LHM leaking steadily from underside of regulator, serves me right for re-using the seals, note to self DO IT PROPERLY!
Stewart :evil:
TZD 19 TD one of the few
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:sounds like a return somewhere, just been under mine, LHM leaking steadily from underside of regulator, serves me right for re-using the seals, note to self DO IT PROPERLY!
Stewart :evil:
That`s what I`m hoping for to be honest as I know I`ve pulled a pipe off it. It`s getting to where the pipe has come off that`s the problem-I have hands like shovels and I can`t see exactly where it goes anyway :cry:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

My favourite comes from the security valve (on top of the crossmember N/S wheelarch rear) goes from rubber to plastic and then runs across the top of the gearbox and pushes into a rubber fitting on the pressure regulator, mine blew this one off when a nasty reconditioned acc sphere failed, it squirted a jet of LHM right into the N/S front wheel/brake from the inside, abs is not overly good when the disc is swimming in LHM.
stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few