You don't want to miss this one

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

You don't want to miss this one

Post by ken newbold »

This superb example of a BX19tgd is for sale.

Trust me,

You'll be very hard pressed to find a better one anywhere. It really is that good.

Not sure about the mileage just now, but it has just had a recent engine change as it's original one cooked the head having lost it's water while travelling at speed.
The bodywork is virtually unmarked, without scratches or dents, it seem to be virtually free from rust, it has a lovely blue/grey velour interior taken from a TZD. Although it has had quite a lot of owners, I've known all but the first one I think. It's taxed untill the end of june and tested till 2nd July. To be honest I suspect it may need a o/s rear arm bearing doing for the next MOT. It seems t obe leaning in a bit.
Last time I looked at the pipework on this car, it was very good, but I wouldn't hesitate about repiping this car if it needed it. It's that good!

The asking price is only £325. This car will not feature on ebay, trust me :wink:

Oh, and it's location? Wakefield of course, home of all the best quality used BXs :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Before anyone spots it.

It's a pity some idiot has fitted the wrong steering wheel. :evil:
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Where is it Ken???
Over and out from me
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Sorry, just seen its in Wakefield. :oops:
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looks a nice, honest motor. What sort of MPG do you expect to get from one of those oil-burning thingies, then?

Who's is the nice black BX in the last pic?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The black one belongs my Mum, it's another Oil burning thingy auto.

To say these diesel auto's are rare, there were 3 parked in this street this morning :shock: there's also another one in Wakefield identical to the white one.

On a long run the auto's seem to do as well if not more than the manual's
I've just had over 60mpg out of the black one, but knocking about town I'd say 35 to 40 would be nearer the mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks lovely besides that daft steering wheel, would be a cheap run about for you Ian!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Thats what i'm thinking......

Theres talks about swapping the BX 4x4 for a TGD though so i'll see if anything comes of that first.
Over and out from me
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I should point out, it's not me who's actually selling this car, but an old chap I know.

I said I'd try to find him a buyer for it, if anyone wants it? please send me PM so I can put you in touch with him.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ken is that the guy I sold my TGD auto too?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No, but this car was the reason he bought yours. Gary only has an Auto license and he'd done the head in on this one leaving him without car.

A friend of mine bought this from Gary and replaced the engine then sold it to the old chap (Pat) who lives next door.

Pats now seen an Astra TD that he fancies so want to sell this BX
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Silly man! Lol! It is lovely and the diesel autos do drive well!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

O.K. so it isn't a turbo, neither is it black, it doesn't have a wind deflector and it doesn't have alloy wheels.

What it does have is 13 months MOT and requires nothing doing.

It was also seen in London yesterday as it went there and back without the slightest hicup.

Needless to say you won't buy it on ebay for £25

If you want to buy scrap cars ? that need loads of work or drink fuel like theres no tomorrow, then this one definately isn't for you.

Seems to me that when genuine cars like this one, Aarons car and my MK1 come up for sale, then the so called genuine enthusiasts aren't interested.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thats a bit strong isn't it?

I've already got a 16v and a GT....two models which I as an enthusiast longed for.

Not being funny, but this is an N/A diesel. And while I know for a fact they are good everyday cars, most people on here are chasing TD's. Personally I don't think the TD is all that quick to be honest and the 19D is just as good an all rounder in my opinion.

Secondly its an auto....thats going to make for a slow drive on this diesel.

Thirdly, it might be a bargain as a decent everyday car. But the name of the game on here seems to be to find one for pennies and make a good car of it.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
M

Post by M »

Would have suited me really.
Not bothered about a TD, or a GTi - auto would have been nice and NA simple to fettle and frugal.
A case of right car, wrong time really.
Just bought Mr. B's very well fettled red TXD and no room in my life for another BX just yet (though after this week away I might be persuaded to buy an estate...)
Xantia (used as I have no roof bars for the BX) rather full :oops: