Very tidy dark metallic red 1988 16TRS - and a scrapper

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Very tidy dark metallic red 1988 16TRS - and a scrapper

Post by DLM »

While at the tip today, another BX pulled up beside me towing a small trailer: one of the tidiest early Mk2s I've seen in a long while. The owner and I exchanged greetings and I passed on the bxclub url. The Rot-resisting red metallic paintwork wasn't fading or dinged, though the rear spoiler came from a later car, methinks. The Blue velour trim may also have come from another car, but looked very good indeed.

Nice to see another well-looked-after one. Despite being a high-mileage TU5-engined car, it showed no visible signs of oil usage, and the owner was extremely happy with it. He caught me still there when delivering his second load of garden waste, while I struggled manfully to fit a wardrobe I'd just bought there into the back of mine (successfully). We exchanged amused looks.

I'm also off to see a 240k TGD turbo scrapper fairly nearby in Colden Common, in search of rear side trim that doesn't make my hatch cover crash through to the bottom of the boot every time I lift it.... this one is in metallic grey (with one white wing). I've already bagged the rear wheel arch protectors that more or less fell off in my hands (most unusual).