BX 1.9 TXD hatchback.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX 1.9 TXD hatchback.

Post by cavmad »

Right, buying/picking this up tonight to save it from the crusher. It`s a `91/`92 silver 1.9 n/a diesel TXD hatchback. Short MOT (04.07/`06 I think) and taxed until end of this month.
The bloke has owned it for three years and says it`s been properly maintained by Keith Davis (local expert). Had a new octopus and exhaust apparantly.
Starts on the button and rises nicely, haven`t tried driving it yet but will do and will report any faults I find and any service history I come across.
Known faults at the moment are water pump and rear bumper has sustained some damage, will picture and post later.
Too good to scrap in my opnion, would break it if neccessary but would much rather see it saved. Alas once again time, money and space are against me so it`ll have to go.
£150, can deliver within about 20 miles for fuel costs only, would like to see it saved ideally by one of the members of this forum.
PM, e-mail or post underneath here if interested, will try and get pic`s and post up but this might take a day or two so please be patient.
Ps the bloke who is selling it to me is convinced it will pass a new MOT easily!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Stop tempting me cavmad!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I've got a bumper for it if you need it Cavmad.It's off a 4x4 but assume it's the same
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Youve still got me thinking about this GTi auto cavmad! Im passing sleepys house in just over a week or two!

If someone takes the 16TRS Mk1 off my hands quick I will be interested!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks gents. I should add that reading through my post it implies the water pump is damaged, it`s not but it is knackered apparantly.
I would take it for a pre-MOT to see what it needs but I`m utterly destitute this month and have a holiday and a 13 year old son`s birthday to contend with plus a £140 mobile phone bill :oops:
Also I`m itching to get the TD in for MOT which will swallow even more of my hard earned.
Tim, I haven`t even seen the GTi myself but the offer is still there-take it when you like and pay when you have it. Don`t forget (insurance aside) you could drive it away as taxed and tested.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cavmad stop tempting me mate, I never take anything unless I pay for it first. Your very kind, if someomene takes the 16TRS off my hands for silly money (offers over £60 please) and promises to look after it i will have it off you!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`d happily do a deal of some sort Tim but can`t have any more cars. However if someone up this way is interested in your car I`m sure we could all sort something out.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Cavmad! If anyone takes the 16TRS then its a done deal.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pictures are here, car is a 1992 hatchback. Bodywork pretty good, one side could do with a buffing other side is very good. A quick look around it and it appears quite tidy save for the buffing on one side and the rear bumper which has large cracks in it. 124K on the clock, new keeper`s supplement here awaiting V5 to come back in my name. Only been posted today so will probably take a couple of weeks to come through...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/ ... ure001.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/ ... ure002.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/ ... ure003.jpg

Will get more pic`s when I can be arsed to get it off the truck, possibly Wednesday now.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well done cavmad, has definite posibilities!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Tim, apparantly the car has had an alternator in last 12 months too.
I can see that `disappearing` if it gets scrapped, which I hope it doesn`t by the way!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Me neither mate is it Moted?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Yes, for about ten days :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

My mate told me to go and get him a car for £1000 to last him a year. He trusted my judgement.

I went down the auctions and got him a Vauxhall Belmont for £20 with a whole 10days MOT left to run!

That was 3 years ago. The car is still going.

Sorry, that was off topic. That TXD doesnt half look tidy. Whats the vital bits like?
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

A new back bumper and a day with me any valeting and ians mechanical would see it looking pretty!