Heater matrix tap connection leak

BX Tech talk
adamskibx
BXpert

Heater matrix tap connection leak

Post by adamskibx »

Ive put in the heater matrix off the donor car- I took the original one out, filled it with water and it leaked at the passenger side end, so it was definatelty that that needed changing. The "new" one doesnt leak, and I have installed it. However, I cant seem to get the matrix pipes end piece to seal with the heater control tap. As soon as you turn the heater on, there is a trickle of water. There are pathetic looking rubber seals in their correct positions, so, am I oing something wrong? I tried tightening the bolts up more, but one sheared off and I had to boorow one off the original matrix. Any ideas much appreciated.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 425100.gif
05 - 95 610 724 - GASKET KIT - Dkr69,25 (exvat) - some £6
Contains 2ea tubular square section seals. Replacing these is the only way curing the leak.

DONT be tempted to drill out the tubular rivets holding together the tap assembly. There is a square rubber seal to seal off the joint between the 2 half parts of the tap - impossible to get tight again (how do I know :evil: )
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks Anders, ill see if GSF do that gasket set.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks Anders, ill see if GSF do that gasket set.