Ignition replacement!

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Ignition replacement!

Post by cavmad »

Just broken the flaming key in the ignition of the TXD hatch. Have a spare one here with key though (and wiring if needed). My question is to get the actual ignition unit out do I turn the key to position one and put an allen key in the hole on the barrel housing as with other cars, also there seems to be a small button on the side of the unit which I assume I press in at same time?
Many thanks in advance,
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cracked it now, pain in the arse of a job but have managed to get the old unit out and put the `new` one in c/w wiring as it looked easier that way. I`ll have to just re-route the wiring at the bottom when I get the chance as I didn`t feed it through the platic trim at the bottom.

Memo: when I conquer the world and start a new BX factory in Blackpool invite the original designer who included all those stupid bloody allen key screws instead of Phillip`s ones, tie him up in a dark corner of the stores and beat him about the head daily with old bits of wiring :evil:
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You mean the torx headed screws? I rather like them - at least you don't have to guess if its phillips or posidrive and they seem to last better.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Torx is the new world - not for the old mad in a cave Billy 8)
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak