urgent help required

BX Tech talk
mrmrwray

urgent help required

Post by mrmrwray »

Help,

does anyone in the north west region have a spare bottom radiator hose for a 1.7 na diesel (the one with the t piece)

Mine has failed on the way home tonight and dumped all the water. On closer inspection the flange away from the radiator, has split due to over tightening of the jubilee clip. The pipe has already been cut down so i cannot cut the split bit off and reuse it.

I am really struggling as i need my car for work. i have important exams all this week and really cant take a day off. it is my ownly mode of transport and gsf dont open early enough!!

would really appreciate any help and will offer beers and my eternal gratitude to anyone that can help
In Billy's old diesel and still going strong!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Matt, are they different to other BX`s? If not I`m sure to have one here somewhere, can even `lend` you one off one of the fleet to tide you over if neccessary.
Vanny has my mobile number if you need it.....
Vauxhall apologist.
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

I don't know what size the hose is but have you thought of cutting it in half and using the two ends with a made up bit in the middle ie piece of steel/ copper pipe. That way you would still be able to use the ends with the jubilee clip..... just a thought.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

The pipe from a 309 pug has a bit of steel pipe in it, possibly a 405 one might fit too.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

pipe was split to death at the engine end from some cluts over tightening the jubilee clip! Having called the North West spares departments (Oily and Mr B) it was clear we we'rnt gonna find a pipe too quick!

Fortunately i had a pipe i had cut the 't piece' out of so had the engine side :D cut up mats old pipe, and joined it onto my old bit with another piece of coolant hose in the middle! Not a brilliant idea but we had nothing 'hard' to use as an insert.

Finished the job at 1205am this morning then drove back to liverpool! Matt reports that he made it to his exam and back, and called GSF (after a tip off from MrB) first thing who got the pipe in intime for collection this evening, last i heard mat was going off under the car to fit the new pipe!

Thanks for hunting oily, and thanks Mr B for your pointer on GSF stocking the pipe!
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

This has to be one amazing forum!!!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

BXclub to the rescue once again! Top effort chaps!
Over and out from me
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

Almost worth living in Liverpool.....(did I really say that!!)
mrmrwray

Post by mrmrwray »

Thanks once again to the forum and most especially Mr. Vangordon for his stirling effort.

I have fitted the new one and touch wood it is still fine.

Just a few more jobs to do now and i'll be a very happy man.

O and i passed my exams as well. For those of you who dont know i am training to be an ambulance technician. I just have the advanced driving course now which i start tomorrow and then in four weeks, the lovely people of the red rose county are in for a surprise!!! :twisted:
In Billy's old diesel and still going strong!