MOT!!!!!!!!!

Anything about BXs
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

MOT!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Well had the MOT this morning!!! had the usual thoughts of how much is it going to fail on this year! whilst sat int he sun on the wall outside the mot bit slowly burning my letft leg!
so imagine my Suprrise when he comes out and sais 'only thing is the rear light earth, so you want to sort it now'?????? so before he oculd take a second breath i had the boot open and the light unit off and the earth being undone!!! :D so 2 mins and a bit of scraping away ont he earth point and bingo! lights sorted!
so i am ahappy boy now! full mot yay!!!

he did show me a small area ont he chassis leg that the water had got under the underseal and turned the metal brown but its still solid so this weekends job is wire brush primer and underseal!! 5"x5" patch!

happy happy happy!!! sad thing is i had almost set the day aside for repairs after the mot just incase heheheheh!:D

still wife's is in on friday!! althoguh that should be fine too as its 9 years newer than mine heheheh!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well done Timmo ,my valvers due next week and ive got more chnace of platting fog than that passing its MOT!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Well done, its always nice to pass the test first go.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:Well done, its always nice to pass the test first go.
Stewart
Sure is,mine passed 1st time in May,although I had done a bit of work beforehand
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

hehe! yeah was a shock i have to admit! normally i get a 'pre mot' done by my mechanic but this year i didnt bother and bunged it in blind as such!
i did have a heart in mouth moment though when the bings from the hammer turned to a thud! (the bit of underseal that was loose!) and i am sure he was tapping bits of the body kit just to make it sound a bit worse heheheh!
but over all very pleased! but then its only done 3k miles since the last mot! and the top half of the engine had been rebuilt too! all good though!
so instead of fixing the car i went for a blast on the mountain bike this afternoon and had a cracking cycle too! so a good day alround!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Result! Well done.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v