Finally, ive got round to getting some pictures of my car.

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

Finally, ive got round to getting some pictures of my car.

Post by adamskibx »

I have used photobucket to host these. I hope this works, and I hope they are not too big. I did resize them to 25% of original size in photobucket and that looked OK, but I apologise if this hasnt worked, and will remove if necessary.

Last edited by adamskibx on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Very tidy! Good work. I remember you buying this one off ebay.

Apart from my dads this is the only other GT I know of, bar David's Digit
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Cheers Kitch. Unfortunately, no matter what I try and do with the other pics they seem to appear absolutely massive on this site. very odd
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats lovely adam, a credit too you!
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Nice Car :D :D :D :D

Cant be many mk1's like that left!

Same colour as mine :D :D :D :D :D
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Looks very nice - well done!!!

Just to show how much better yours looks than mine :oops: ... at least at the moment :wink: :

I think I know what I'll be doing over the weekend..... On second thoughts, perhaps I'd better get rid of those weeds first :roll:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Buy a apartment with a garage a drive and no garden like me lol!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I only know of these two and Davids GT digit too, and I havent seen another one anywhere, ever. I did find a a french BX19GT club and forum but the forum at least seems to be down now. It was quite a shock actually as I just typed in BX19GT into google when I first got the car, and found a link to the ebay advert of my car from the french BX19GT club. My car does look good at the moment, but it needs quite a lot doing to it. The gearbox is going to be changed in the next few weeks as that too noisy now, and I need to get 4 new tyres and an exhaust backbox (I thought I would see if the original carb was any better on fuel a few weeks ago and it caused a backfire that blew the backbox to bits :shock: )
I also discovered afterwards that the second choke in the carb never opened as it was seized. (When the car is cold and the autochoke is on, the accelerator mechanism just opens the first choke, and when it warms up, it all moves and catches the second choke, which is why the accelerator feels harder to push to the bottom when the car is hot)

I like the colour of yours Baldbazza. It looks like its just the bumper and bottom of the doors that needs sorting. Depending on the type of bumper/paint, you can use a heat gun to restore the original finish to the bumpers. A friend of mine did this to the bumpers of a G reg 16 and it was really impressive.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Looks GORGEOUS Adamski!!

Theres cash waiting if you ever decide to sell.
Over and out from me
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

adamskibx wrote:I like the colour of yours Baldbazza. It looks like its just the bumper and bottom of the doors that needs sorting. Depending on the type of bumper/paint, you can use a heat gun to restore the original finish to the bumpers. A friend of mine did this to the bumpers of a G reg 16 and it was really impressive.
To be fair, that car needs a full respray. Underneath its as good as gold, but the previous owner tried his hand at spraying (probably on his drive in winter with a halfords can).
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
M

Post by M »

Eeeeh - thats lovely that is.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Cheers for getting those pictures up Jon, much appreciated.

I certainly cant imagine selling for a while Ian, but you'll have first refusal if I ever do. Obviously at some point ill probably want something else, and if circumstances prevent me from keeping two cars, then I will very very reluctantly have to sell it :( Its getting 4 new Firestones and a new backbox on Wednesnay (Ouch!)
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Adam, whereabouts do you live? I've love to come and have a look.
Over and out from me
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

jonkw wrote:I've uploaded the page and the 3 pics
Wow! Looks even better - I'm even more jealous!
adamskibx wrote:I like the colour of yours Baldbazza. It looks like its just the bumper and bottom of the doors that needs sorting.
Thanks for the tip about restoring the bumpers - I was wondering how to buff them up a bit - didn't want to resort to painting.

The doors need rather more than the bottom sorting. To be honest, each panel is a slightly different shade of blue (maybe whatever Halfrauds had in stock at the time..... :wink: ). I plan to replace all doors with mk 2 versions (I believe they're exactly the same apart from thicker metal, better rustproofing & sound insulation). Then tackle several cosmetic outbreaks of tinworm and finally try to compromise on the best possible respray for the least possible money. Oh, and a new windscreen. Oh, and MILLIMETRIC ALLOYS IF ANONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET SOME!!!!! (see for sale / wanted topic)

Adamski - could you possibly let me have close-up photo(s) of the bonnet GT logo and its dimensions? At some point mine has disappeared so I'll need to get a local signmaker to make a new logo (depending on cost I could get more done at the same time if anyone else wanted one).

Interesting to learn about your exhaust. I've just spent the whole weekend (!) replacing my complete system (and counting the holes in the old one :) ). If you're interested, cost was £110 to get all (or at least most :evil: ) of the bits from my local wholesaler, who readily agreed to sell retail at (alleged) wholesale prices. Manufactured by Bosal - seems pretty good to me. Individual component prices were significantly less than GSF (even with CCC discount) or Euro Car Parts.

We'll have to get the two GTs together at some time. maybe when mine's a bit prettier :wink:.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT