Its Back on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything about BXs
OwenS
BXpert

Its Back on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by OwenS »

After seven to eight months of being SORN, parked up on my driveway begging to be driven :wink: , H49RAB my 1990 14 TGE has been recomissioned. Since Friday its been to various parties in Monmouth area as the free taxi for friends and has just completed 100 miles journey to Newbury very well (cross those fingers, touch that wood!!). I'd forgotten how great the ride is, no slowing down for speed humps, all the irregularties that would filter through my ZX's very smooth set up are greatly softened or eliminated, never noticed also how well the BX handles plus the fact it isn't thrown about by lorry turbulance and cross winds....its definatly a cruising car..magic carpet for motorways :D
Its not without problems though, struts need lubing, exhaust needs fixing as does glovebox lid....gave it a very thourough 6 hour clean today and she looks good as new and great in her met Triton green 8)
2007 Sportka
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

My struts started creaking a bit, I put it down to the car not being driven for a bit and a few hundred miles of driving its all settled down again.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Another one saved! well done! I, too have spent six hours on mine today. Stripped the doors and repainted the window frames, waxoyled the doors and taped down the rattly bits then steam cleaned the upholstery followed by a good wash. They do scrub up well!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thirded! Cleaned my new arrival yesterday and today and it`s looking well. A bit more to do (inside the door gaps etc) and it`ll look the part. I actually find cleaning cars very relaxing and when I`m stressed out I like nothing better than to get the hose pipe out and spend a few hours cleaning away.
Vauxhall apologist.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

I too love cleaning up my cars, although get really hacked off when I've just back to blacked, polished etc and it starts tipping down :evil:
My door frames could do with touching up, I've back to blacked them for the time being.....definatly makes a real difference to the way a BX looks, loosing the worn/tired look
2007 Sportka
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Im probably tempting fate here but my BX seems remarkably rust free underneath so will be having it thouroughly steam cleaned and undersealed to hopefully prevent future headaches :D . I was also planning to waxoyl the insides of doors, engine compartment and stone chip/seal the wheel arches. Would it be wise to take up carpet in boot and rust proof inside also?
2007 Sportka
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I take it everyone knows the tip with WD40?
Vauxhall apologist.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

cavmad wrote:I take it everyone knows the tip with WD40?
???????
2007 Sportka
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

..................a shortlived return to the road!!!!! :evil: In garage in Thatcham at this moment because suspected ignition module failure crossing a junction at morning rush hour. Also RAC man broke fuel line to carb and said i'd have to foot the bill for that aswell!!! cheers. Had to be low loadered to the nearest garage, thankfully only 1/4 mile away. Grrrrr
2007 Sportka
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

OwenS wrote:
cavmad wrote:I take it everyone knows the tip with WD40?
???????
Spray some on a cloth and wipe the black exterior door trims and similar other outside bits. Comes up a treat :wink:
Next tip is the flet pen thing, anyone familiar with that?
Last edited by cavmad on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vauxhall apologist.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

We will have to see weather the garage come up with a decent bill for the work. I specified what I wanted and have looked up the parts prices on GSF: £21.00 ingition module, £1.60 T-piece fuel line
2007 Sportka
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Got her back from garage at lunchtime today. Bill was £80 for fuel line (T piece) and ignition module.
2007 Sportka