Clutchless Bx TZD Turbo

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Clutchless Bx TZD Turbo

Post by tim leech »

tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

No ticket, no clutch, £80 starting bid and in the wilds of Wales, miles from anywhere. I don't think so!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice enough looking car and probably saveable though agree about the starting price.
Be nice to hear it`s been saved and `we` do have a few members who live pretty close to there if my geography is any good.
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I suspect this is the one Adam went too see, (see '93 TZD tatty South Wales post), if it is i'd read before you bid.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Why do so many sellers not show the number of previous owners despite V5 being present, surely this is withholding relevant info?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

This is indeed the one I went to see, I'd like to add that i'm not the time waster he is referring too as the winner of the auction did not come through. If he is referring to me then after a 400 mile round trip on saturday just to find his standards of clean and good are a lot different to mine. Look on the A pillar inline with the top of the offside wing mirror, that is a very severe crease, possibly structural? Also drivers window doesn't work unless he's fixed it and it runs sloppy.
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

It's time waister Adam!!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Does anyone have the link to the original auction won by the time 'waister'?
Was it one that our spotters missed perhaps? I'd like to see how the auction progressed previously :wink: .

Also I wonder how much mileage was put on in the 'couple of weeks' the speedo has been bust :?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I wouldn't bother. There is no point in saving expensive wrecks. If it doesn't move and stop, it is a scrapper because you have no notion of whether you can get it to rise, reverse, stop etc. There are too many viable cars around for that.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

They dont put the reg numbers on so people cant clone the cars and go through speed cameras etc etc.
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:They dont put the reg numbers on so people cant clone the cars and go through speed cameras etc etc.
Which is silly, because I could do this quite easily by simply spending half an hour in the town centre multistory car park, hell take my own screwdriver and I wouldnt even have to bother shopping for number plates.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Agreed Marty but thats the way it is.
Adam
BXpert

Original link

Post by Adam »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :BCA:UK:11

This is the link to the original auction. I am a time waister, quite true but I only seem to waste my own time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I think i should point out the time waister comment was aimed at the sellers spelling & not Adam, just too clear up any possible mis understanding .
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

It's cool, he appeared to be a stoner :?, I turned up and there were fuses missing that had been "borrowed"!!!!
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD