My first hydraulic pipe.

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

My first hydraulic pipe.

Post by tom »

Spent Sunday helping David change some discs on the new TZD. The old ones being rusted on, a bit of hot spannering and a hammer and punch removed the retaining screws without difficulty but the disks were rusted fast to the hubs. Dropping the anchors at around 30 MPH driveshaft speed with the car securely chocked and the other wheel on the ground effected enough leverage instantly. THat didn't take too long, Neither did grinding through the inner securing plate mounting bolt for the offside rear brake pipe. THe outer one was separated with a hammer and chisel before clenching it shut again later. I cut the pipe (With snips, not a hacksaw!) and the caliper end was easy. The Tee piece end was not. The nut had rusted to a non- size and, had the last MOT not necessitated other plumbing which made it easy to remove the whole Tee piece, I'd probably still be there fixing it (And all the local kids would be able to swear like mechanics!) Best bit of the day? Washing my hair afterwards!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Best bit of the day? Washing my hair afterwards!
Absolutely spot on, we all know that feeling :-)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Stinkwheel wrote:
Best bit of the day? Washing my hair afterwards!
Absolutely spot on, we all know that feeling :-)
Yeah yeah, except those of us that are follically challenged :roll: Anders :wink:

Nice to know the icon is being hammered into shape 8), oh and my rejuvenated blower works a treat Tom =D>
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I'd like to nominate Tom for the Hydraulic Seal of Approval and antiroll-bar. His actions at the weekend were above and beyond the call of duty - I had no idea he was until recently a (hydraulic pipe) virgin until I read it here.

I've see him at work with many a hydraulic component before now, but had no inkling that pipes were new terriritory.

Clarence (see elsewhere) continues rehabilitation and will be much improved (and lighter) when I finally remove the last vestiges of Welsh highland paddock and tracks leading to it. This will add to the additional loss of weight caused by T-cutting an apppreciable layer of pink oxodised paint the weekend before last - again with sterling assistance from Tom. Unfortunately a certain amount of weight gain will occur when the rear sills sections are welded for MOT.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Nomination Seconded :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle