£50 buys you...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

£50 buys you...

Post by DLM »

Graculus - my trusty steed of the last 2 years. It's a TGD Turbo hatch in Triton Green - and like all BX turbodiesels it has the 66-litre tank. Taxed for 6 months at start of August - available at cost if required. Currently in Southampton.

Good points - that lusty 1.7 turbodiesel engine and box , a good bodyshell: rear end of bodyshell unlikely to rust out in a long time (prev. repair for shunt damage was professional job with new rear valance, and completely new boot floor). TZD seats and doorcards. Sunroof deflector and seal available (but still tracking down 2 missing clips)

Bad points - now out of MOT, needs screen for mega-crack (quoted £80 all-in locally) new front discs (or inner side of discs re-machined), mix of tyres at present, rear fogs inoperative (switchgear), paintwork has some delacquering on bonnet (damn those guano-producing flying creatures), and is not immaculate. Rear arms in need of usual attention - ditto spheres.

It's been solid daily transport for the last 2 years during a time of great personal upheaval and has served me very well. TLC has not been an option, but necessary repairs and servicing have been carried out.

I'll update with more details as I gather them together.The £50 is to recoup the costs incurred in getting the estate replacement.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Re: £50 buys you...

Post by ed4ferrets »

DLM wrote: Good points - that lusty 1.7 turbodiesel engine and box
What sort of mileage on the above David? :-s
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Also interested in the milage.

Cheers
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Kitch wrote:Also interested in the milage.

Cheers

What`s the big deal with mileages? I have had loads you could have had for nothing :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Big milages usually mean slack gear selection, slow window motion, lazy turbos, more chance of rust, more chance of hydraulics leaking due to worn parts etc.

Nothing major, but just nice to know so you can picture what ypu're gonna be looking at. I know for £50 you can't really grumble, but all BX's are cheap as chips these days, so its got competition!

That said, this car is local to me and sounds pretty much like what I was after.

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I was only joking matey but I never let mileage put me off now. My current estate has done over 160k now and is honestly the nicest diesel I`ve driven. Being owned by a sympathetic owner who knows his/her way round them counts for a hell of a lot (in my humble opnion) and really will tell later on into ownership.
I would like to throw my hat into the ring here and say £50 sounds very good money to me as it`ll be worth a lot more in spares. Plus the jobs DLM says it requires aren`t likely to cause any grief to someone familiar with the mark or reasonably handy with the spanners. I`m pretty sure you`d get spares from members of this forum should it be needed and a screen won`t break the bank.
As I say that`s just my opinion but I don`t think anyone`s going to go too far wrong for £50¬
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I know mate. My old estate had 194k on it when I sold it and has 198k now. I had a 205 1.8D which was showing 293k up until I gave it away a few weeks ago. Both ran fine. I'm just talking about the average.

But I have to say I'm very tempted here. Its just a matter of space really, but it sounds ideal.

ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

and the mileage is........................ the suspense is killing meeeee :shock: ----^ [-o< 8-[ ----^ :-s
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If it hasnt got any MOT you will struggle to shift it, take it from someone who knows!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Maybe Tim, but £50 for a TZD ain`t bad-engine`s worth more on it`s own :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I can confirm that the car drives nicely, having been very well looked after in the hands of the previous owner,Paul Broome. Were it not for the need of a Windscreen, David would probably have MOT tested the car again and still be using it. AFAIK, it has no serious faults.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

Apologies for delay in response - while I have internet access at work the private-use policy is fairly draconian, so I'm just reliant on public access at the library, and I've had a busy couple of days.

The mileage is less than 150k - I'd need to do the calculations...

Pre-purchase history/MOT shows it up to around the 90k mark (need to dig it out for exact readings). It was given a secondhand speedo from a petrol BX before I bought it, so a 4x4 symbol comes on instead of the glowplugs, and the current mileage reading is incorrect (exaggerates the mileage - there's a turnup for the books). Last Years MOT has 165k due to the substituted speedo - and I'd need to check for the current reading. I'd be very surprised if I've done more than 30k in the 2 years I've had this car. Kitch - PM sent with a contact number.
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Sounds like you should look at this one Kitch.
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

Update - Mileage when I bought it as given by seller (Paul Broome - ex of Andyspares and Citroenz forum) as 112k. I can't give you the current reading as it's 15 miles away, but it will have done 30-35k at the very most in my 2-year ownership.

Desirable extras currently fitted - TEMP GAUGE from a GTi.

Wheel trims are currently the older kind of Mk2 BX trims - I took off the TGD trims for respray but haven't got round to removing the last vestiges of silver paint and respraying them. The body rubbing-strips were removed before I acquired the car, but I have a mixture of new and secondhand rubbing-strips to reinstate.

Please call on 07887 746371 for any further questions.
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

Sold to the man from Kent (Adam) with a terminally-afflicted TZD to replace. Nice to meet you Adam, and glad to seee Graculus go to a good home.