Sorry Guys, I have to Leave You - MK II BX RD For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Sorry Guys, I have to Leave You - MK II BX RD For Sale

Post by Bluey1978 »

Yes, sadly I am selling my Citroen BX, due to the impending purchase of a MPV.

She has done me proud is in very good condition and has never given me any headaches. The only thing I have had to replace is the Radiator due to it getting punctured by a plastic hose clip and I put a new battery on it when I purchased it. Cooling system works fine, heating and cooling as it should.

She has done a super low 62k, will come with a Pioneer Cd/Radio as I cannot be bothered to take it out. All electrics work as does suspension, nothing is broken - not even glove box - its still on its original hinge....

She is a 1.9 non-turbo diesel, 1988 (E), Mot'd until Jan 24th 2007, but tax runs out end of the month, so if anyone is interested they will need to be fast as I do not intend to put more tax on. As far as I am aware all tyres are in good condition, there is a slight puffing coming from the seam of the rear box, so this may need brazing as the rear box looks to be in good condition and currently has 3/4 tank of diesel. Superb cheap runaround if anyone needs one......

It is a Hatchback finished in silver with the Grey interior, everything about bodywork and interior is fine, no tears that I can remember, no visible rust that I can remember. She is not one of those dreary tired examples regulary sold on Ebay. She has loads of pick up and go and as all of you who know the XUD engine will confirm she has hardly been run in.

Ken Newbold has seen her and ridden in her, though this was a while ago when he had my Xantia from me.

I am generally open to offers, but would hope to get £350 for her.

I am planning to put her in the local paper shortly but will give everyone on here first refusal.

I hope she finds a happy home.
Previous owner of a 1988 BX19 RD & Previous BX Meteor & Xantia Owner.
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida X Diesel
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds very fair with that mileage, good luck with the sale.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Best of luck with the sale, it seems the genuine ones are getting harder to find now and your`s should suit someone a treat.
When you do sell it I hope you`ll still pop in and visit us from time to time.
Vauxhall apologist.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

Bx has been sold, Lovely Citroen Nut from Leiston purchased it - let him have it for £300 and I've told him about the web-site - the stickers are still on the hatchback anyway.

MPV is ready to pick up tomorrow so everything is moving forward.

All the best lads.. :wink:
Previous owner of a 1988 BX19 RD & Previous BX Meteor & Xantia Owner.
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida X Diesel
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

All the best to you too.Good luck with the new motor
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Aye, all the best from me too, Bluey. Enjoy your new car mate.
Vauxhall apologist.