Any one interested in my TZD Hurricane ?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ianselva
Confirmed BX'er

Any one interested in my TZD Hurricane ?

Post by ianselva »

I'm afraid the time has come to let my much loved J reg TZD Hurricane go. It has done 189K miles, and has MOT till November 30th. I have owned it since 2002 and used it to tow my racing car and trailer round Europe . The last trip was 3000m to Misano and Dijon. during which I didn't have to top up the water or oil. The bodywork is good with no dents although a couple of scratches. There are no rusty door pillars and the interior is unmarked. Everything works except the heater fan rheostat and rev counter. Unfortunately last week the cambelt stripped and broke the cam. I fitted another head from the breakers, but it seems to overheat slightly if pushed hard. I just can't face the thought of doing it again and I need to get rid of one car as I'm now retired and don't need 2 cars.
It has recently had new pads all round, new discs at the rear , new rear silencer and steering universal. I'm looking for £150.
Let me know if your interested and I'll send you some photos.
BX owner since 1986
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Kitch?
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

if its still about after i come back from hols then probably.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'd have been interested if it was a running car with T&T etc, but to be honest it don't have the time to sort it. Got 3 16v's to do :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)