WANTED no urgency, turbo donor

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

WANTED no urgency, turbo donor

Post by Vanny »

Morning!

Im going to be looking for a 1.7td donor to rebuild Mr Wray's car, im specifically after the plumbing/rad/fans etc however a decent 1.7turbo lump would also be brilliant. The donor car would benefit from being white and local to the north west.

Won't relly be wanting to collect the car until the 4th of September, so there is no instant rush! The remains of the car will be stripped and crushed, so in a perfect world the donor should be way past best!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

What happened to the St Tropez of his Vanny? I was told it died, or is that the one thats having the engine? Cheers, Adam
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

iirc the St Tropez was stripped and crushed and the one the engine is for is my old 1.7 n/a diesel.
Vauxhall apologist.
mrmrwray

Post by mrmrwray »

hi guys, indeed the st tropez was stripped and crushed, unfortunately it was not economically viable to sort out all the problems with it, and billy made me an offer i couldn't refuse.

However, the 1.7 na has indeed died, but myself and vanny have put too much work in to it to just scrap it so we are looking for a donor td car/ engine to swop. Going to use it as a bit of a project, do a proper rebuild on the donor engine etc. get the welding on the car done that needs doing, finish off the electrics, replace heater system that i broke, replace rear spheres etc.
In Billy's old diesel and still going strong!
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Vera is sat on my drive in white, no power unit though, decent panel work 8)
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I have a 1.7TD engine for free!! BUT it had head gasket/head problems (water in oil) and I think the turbo has had it. Came off a mates car who's not mechanically apt so I don't really know what was wrong with it - sorry. Maybe for spares/repair. No fuel pump/injectors. If you want it, you can have it...