Am I seeking the impossible? Seven seat conversions required

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Am I seeking the impossible? Seven seat conversions required

Post by cavmad »

As above, seven seat convserion to suit BX estate. I`ve seen a seven seat BX advertsied before so they must have made one! Any colour trim as long as supplied with belts and ideally fitments (bolts etc). Will collect or arrange courier to pick up.
Anyone any ideas of any other rear seat conversions that may fit? I`m going to try and find a 240 Volvo and measure those up to see if they`ll go in without too much trouble.
Vauxhall apologist.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

A BX Familiale ? - or BX Safari ?

Never seen/heard of it. Must be the CX or even the DS that cheats your memory :?:
These had the genuine second rear seats bank.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

This month's "Car Mechanics" has a 7-seater article, in which they have the grace to say that the CX Familiale and its Gallic cousins beat the crap out of most people-carriers when it comes to utility in the 7-and-even-8 seat role.

There may be a link for conversion kits there too, as the Montego in converted form gets a 7-seater mention.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

That's definately NOT a 7-seater, but a 5-seater + 2 schild seats :?

Note that the CX & DS had the GENUINE 7-seater option, with tha extra rearmost seatbank pointing forwards, and accessible through the side doors, not the rear hatch door.
As did the Peugeot505 Familiale.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thankyou people! I did definately see a 7 seat BX estate in Auto Trader about 6 months ago but couldn`t raise the money in time. It was only £350 with a long ticket as well, gutted. It may well have been, of course, a conversion as opposed to factory fitted. Cheers for the link to the site offering them for the BX, I might give them a call if I can get the money. Meanwhile I`m e-mailing from eBay who have them for other cars to get the dimensions and see if I reckon I can get them in my estate. That would be a real bonus if I can as I manage my lad`s football team and I`m forever giving lifts to kids with lazy parents!
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I saw a set of add in rear facing seats for the BX break on Ebay a while back. not a factory set but an off the shelf job, will contact you if I hear of any more, think they are really only for ankle biters though.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks, it`s for 12 year olds but they way they`ve been playing I might just get some breezeblocks and possibly a plank of wood with some rusty nails sticking out :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: Am I seeking the impossible? Seven seat conversions requ

Post by Mickey taker »

just seen this while doing a search for couriers !!!
I remember the guy who used to service my 19TRS having a white estate with leather and the additional rear facing seats in the boot

hows that for revising and old post :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Mickey taker wrote:additional rear facing seats in the boot
As seen here? :lol:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Didn't the Austin Montego have those as a factory option aswell?
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

Mickey taker wrote:just seen this while doing a search for couriers !!!
I remember the guy who used to service my 19TRS having a white estate with leather and the additional rear facing seats in the boot

hows that for revising and old post :D
Not even seven years yet! Must be scope for something more archaeological than that... :D

On the subject of 7-seaters, I learnt to drive in a 7-seat Peugeot 504 Estate, usually full of people and with at least four racing bikes on the roof. That lot, with L-plates - I tell you, people did tend to get out of the way!
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yes, I've got the 7 seat conversion for the BX, bought from a bloke near Bath a few years ago. It's actually pretty useless - it renders the boot defunct, it's only suitable for small children and there's no seat belts. I've used it once or twice..

My Dad had a Peugeot 504 estate too with the three rows of seats and that was great, real.. workhorse ( one of my favourite words)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read