English run

Anything about BXs
rob pike

English run

Post by rob pike »

Hi
I had a very unnaventful trip to England and back to France with my little
TD Turbo and for an old car it went very well with good returns from the fuel and I kept to the left side of the road, I did have a laugh when driving through Stubbington where my daughter lives , a young bloke in a sporty thing shouted out ( Go home Frog ) I told him I will if me car makes it, the look on his face was a picture .I was looking for seats for my left hooker , well , Silverlake laughed , The scrappy in Alington Lane said crush em strait away , over in Fawly , your kidding , I gave up , I reckon you lot have all the BX`s in the south, I did see a couple on ebay but I did`nt have the time so I bought a fit on lumber support cover , sorted . If anybody`s around the Charent in France for the Summer drop me a line we have Gites in the Village.
Rob
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi

I used to live in France and haven't managed to get back there for a couple of years - and miss it like mad. I want to give my BX a trip to France next year (OK I'll take the familt too :lol: :roll: ), so any information would be welcome.

PM sent
Last edited by Philip Chidlow on Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

You should have said you were over this area, you could have met with Kitch and I. I live in Holbury, near Fawley.
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Nat's rents live in Stubbington too :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
rob pike

Over there

Post by rob pike »

Hi , It`s a shame I did`nt have the time to meet up with other BXers , with only a week to do all I had to do besides my froggy Beeks is nothing to rave about , maybe next year . Just for the info I used the LD lines from Pompy to Le Havre , from there to here is 300 miles of A class motorways and so easy if you want to get the miles done quickly. By the way I`ve been meaning to ask what does the RD on the back mean.
No Quips please.
Rob
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

R I think means Riche or something similar, and D is diesel. The better ones were TR - Tres Tiche but D on the end gives an unfortunate alliteration in English - so it was stuck in front to solve the problem - so DTR.
rob pike

Post by rob pike »

Hi
that`s rich. on the back we have BX RD Turbo , is that only on French market cars or is it the same on English cars.
Rob
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

There are a few English RD Turbo's, and some on here will be surprised to know that a TZD has in fact a 1.9 non-turbo engine - the correct designation for the Turbo one is TZD Turbo.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Indeed jeremy, Ive owned a 19TZD and TZD Turbo (until today :cry: ) And there not alike in anyway, 19TZD is a updated TRS/DTR with two tone bumpers and a Turbo is a Gti with a 1769 TD engine.

I have to say I reall did like the look of the 19TZD.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

But the estate TZD Turbo has the 19TZD look to it. Had the black caps around the top of the bumpers and thicker rub strips. And those funny looking wheel trims :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I like them!