Outer track Rod

Anything about BXs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Outer track Rod

Post by BX Bandit »

I purchased a replacment outer track rod for the passenger side of my BX from GSF and although the part no. on the box is right, the part has the opposite kink. Maybe wrong part in the box....but it could also be me as I have had both rods off in the past so there is a possibility I replaced them opposite handed.

If anyone can stand the rain for a few secs, would you mind describing the kink on your passenger track rod. Mine goes rearwards from the hub carrier arm to the rack.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Mine does as well by the look of it but I havnt taken the wheel off
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Thanks sleepy..looks like another GSF f*ck up :x :x :x
1990 BX TGD White
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

:x :x :x :x :x :x
Would any one else mine checking theirs please? I asked GSF to buy 1LH & 1RH. According to their part numbers, the rods have the opposite kink to mine. When looking in Haynes, they seem to match my set up : Kink heading rearwards 1st, then back to line up with rack; as looked at from ball joint to rack. I would really appreciate your help on this one :wink: thanks all in anticipation :D
1990 BX TGD White
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The definitive answer is: you are correct mate!

From the rack they kink towards the front of the car then kink back to line up with the hub.
If you think about it they couldn't fit the other way around....

Even though I already knew the answer I just dapped down and checked both of my bx's, so there we go, tell GSF they are useless and demand a hefty discount!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

One good thing about GSF in my experience is that they don't push their restocking fee if you object the parts you bring back. didn't like their steering coupling and took it back after getting proper assembly from Citroen. They gave full money back. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I think there is a difference between a purchaser not liking a supplied part and a useless part being supplied in the wrong place. You ordered the right bit, they suppply the wrong bit in the right box - their problem - and if you want some real fun then you could claim for your loss and inconvenience!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Jeremy - I think that you have misinterpreted. When you explain what you want and get something that falls short then you don't like it & object. It is still their fault.
But mistakes happen and I was just complimenting GSF on not stonewalling and being jobsworths on their restocking fee. There was no dispute on whos fault it was and I was happy that it was resoved (and the job).
I guess that you could press for compensation on consequential matters but that's not likely to be resolved at branch level and may require court action.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Thanks guys..I am happy bunny :lol: In this case, it is the supplier to GSF who has C*cked up as they are supplying the wrong part vs part number. This is a string of items that have come to me as either wrong part but right part number/ wrong part altogether/right part cr*p condition/right part didn't last long :evil:

I agree with you both way2go and Jeremy, they are good at taking items back that are not needed without questions as to why. But in this case, and in the case with the lower arm bushes on my X*ntia, their parts GSF are being cr*p.

Thank you guys for your help. I have another gripe with GSF regarding a steering rack and on which I'll need yer help again :lol: .I shall start on another thread for this one.........happy days :(
1990 BX TGD White