NOT A BX BUT!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

NOT A BX BUT!

Post by tim leech »

I had a phone call from my dear old aunt last night, shes well inher 70s and has decided thankfully to give up driving, which means her 1991 Maestro 1.3 Clubman neds a new home. My uncle her late husband bought it new and had it serviced every year by the local garage even though the car rarely did 1000 miles a years sometimes. She let her granson use the car for the last 12 months when he passed his test but hes gone to uni now and its sitting dormant.

The car now has approx 20000 miles on it with history to back it up, and is MOTed until June 2007 but the tax expired today!

Does anyone on here know of or is a Maestro enthusiast that will find a home for it, the bodys quite good but is by no way immaculate as it has been used and not garaged. Im hoping it wont get bought buy someone just as a cheap runabout for 8 months then scrap it.

I am collecting the car on saturday from Bromsgrove on trade plates and will bring it back to my house.

Money? Well whats it worth? Whatever I get for it (shes not expecting much) I will give to my aunt as its her car.

Thanks!
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

The last Maestro I sold was taken in part ex 2 years ago and that went for £350 with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax. They are spacious and quite useful though er.. cosmetically challenged...With that mileage maybe £395?? Autotrader may be your best bet.
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its no rot box, but its no show car! Lol I think if she was offered £200 she would be made up!

Agian its not the money its just finding a home for it!
M

Post by M »

Sloboloks -
:!:
If I want getting this ^^^ I would have had that Maestro - I have a soft spot for old BL Tin.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Right a update, erm well its tatty is the only words for it, the last time I saw it was 2002 where it had 15000 miles on it and was in nice condition but not mint. For the last 4 years she has let her grandson use it whos is not in anyway interested in cars. It now has 33700 miles on it and its tired and rusty, the rear arches are not rotten but rusty and the nsf wing has a crease in it, and the piants flat and there rust here and there the headlining sagging the boot doesnt and the wiper motor on the back is shagged, the alternator whirs at a certain speed.

On the flip side theres mountains of history with it and it started first time in 6 weeks today and ran without fault.

So now what? well it stil has MOT until june so I will see what I get offered!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

You'd have to have a Maestro fetish to bid then? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
M

Post by M »

Way2go wrote:You'd have to have a Maestro fetish to bid then? :?
I have a bit of a BL Tin fetish myself - the Maestro was a Fugly car, and rusted / decomposed like you would not believe - but they WERE a good car for doing the job of lugging people & stuff about.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Dont get me wrong a new alternator and thermostat would see it roadworthy, which is what £50? and to be honest if someone offers me £150 for the car its theres so for £200 it will get you around.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote: I have a bit of a BL Tin fetish myself
FREAK!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm me too :oops: :roll:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I was a mechanic in the seventies, I find this disturbing, british tin:shock:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I was a baby n the 70s lol
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Here you go, Tim. This is an excellent forum and I`m sure you could advertise on it. There`s a lot of very friendly and helpful users, hopefully you can find a new owner for it who`s an enthusiast...

http://www.maestro.org.uk/
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I dont suppose those fellers are any dafter than we are :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Re: NOT A BX BUT!

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

tim leech wrote: Maestro 1.3 Clubman neds a new home.
leave it unlocked and neds will give it a new home.! :D tee hee hee

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!