Drips again

BX Tech talk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Drips again

Post by Philip Chidlow »

LHM leak. Not serious but annoying as it is leaving a gradually expanding patch of LHM where I park. The LHM level hasn't gone down appreciably, and it is a drip that happens once the car is stopped and not running. Left for a few hours there will be a 'stain' of the fluid - sometimes a 5p - sized one, sometimes a bit bigger. Overnight it will have expanded to about 2-3 inches across. It is coming off the front. I see a drip hanging from the accumulator sphere and the air con pipes are getting the benefit of an LHM soaking (can't be good).

The only evidence I can find is a rather wet-looking FDV. Do these leak regularly, and is it something I should learn to live with? Or is it something I can get looked at/look at myself - I'm thinking where the pipes come into the block, maybe there's some weeping from one or more of the unions.

Any experiences and tips?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

If you look at the back of the accumulator block assy there is a clear breather pipe that should be attached in a rubber fitment. This pops out and causes such offending drips.
If it was like mine you need to put a jubilee clip around the rubber to keep said pipe in place.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Time for some axle stands then :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Whilst you are under there it may be worth renewing the pipe seals, thats what cured my last leak in that area.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft