BX's going to the crusher

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BCXM
BXpert

BX's going to the crusher

Post by BCXM »

A guy I know is clearing out his field and sadly that means getting rid of a his BX's. The cars are too far gone in all cases they've been sat there for at least 4 years the models are as follows:
J reg Hurricane Triton green: Head gone front bumper missing
x2 19 TRS auto and manual Silver:all in very poor condition
1 Diesel auto silver poor condition
1 19 DTR estate front bumper damaged.

I've taken one TRS 19 auto for spares but the hurricane might be salvageable...Trouble is the guy wants money for everything I had to pay for the TRS auto more than i've paid for running cars on ebay
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Some people eh.... try & do them a favour..... good luck in trying to save or use for parts as many as you can get your mitts on.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Unfortuantly the weigh in value is probably more than anyof of us would pay, and to most people a bx is just a lump of old scrap.
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

how much are scrap cars these days?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

A BX weighs in at about £55-60.

Having said that, that's why these idiots always have loads of cars to scrap because they wanted too much for them when they were saveable.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ken`s right. Avararice is the killer with old cars now. Some people believe that when a car gets past about 15 years it`s some sort of iconic classic that`s worth it`s weight in diamonds.
A scrap BX around here would fetch £65 or so from what I`ve been told today.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

So how much is that geezer charging then??
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Good point cavmad.....I tried to negotiate on the Hurricane but he wants £175 for it BECAUSE IT HAS ALLOYS. (By the way scrapping alloy wheels is a very lucrative business the weigh in at £1000 a tonne catalyers too are worth £20 each as scrap) Thats just plain stupid..meanwhile the car is rotting away un-used. For a nominal fee I would have taken the car and done the work I've got the bits lined up....

I tried to haggle with the guy about a CX estate he had which had a tree growing in it and the engine was out. He wanted (wait for it) £700. He said he'd had the pistons replaced blah blah and it had aircon...But Does the aircon bloody work now???? of course not :!:

Sorry been a fustrating day. I thought I'd come away with a fair few cars instead I have a 19 TRS with a chewed up rear spoiler and dank and damp interior :cry:
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I have heard alloys fetch good money, I really need to invest in a tyre removal machine as I have quite a few knocking about.
Sometimes it`s funny when people try to get you to pay vast amounts of money for what are basically scrap cars. I`ve lsot count of how many `immaculate` cars and ones that have have `loads of welding done` and recond engines to find out they`ve stood for years out in the open and the `recond engine` was just a new rocker cover gasket or something.
I`ve made very fair offers for stuff before to be flatly refused then two days later when they`ve phoned everyone else who all offered much less they`re back on the phone telling me I`ve got the gig.
I rarely bother and tell them they should have listended to what I toldthem in the first place.
Vauxhall apologist.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I'm buying one too theres a guy near me selling a tyre machine for £450 with a compressor...
I took two old fuego alloys to the scrapper (with tyres on; you don't get deducted for having them on for alloys) and got £17 which wasn't bad.

I had 5 cx alloys stolen from me once which I bought off ebay for a quid. I couldn't for the life of me think who would steal them as they had no tryes on and were unpainted. Apparently they would have weighed in at £50.
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BCXM wrote:I'm buying one too theres a guy near me selling a tyre machine for £450 with a compressor...
I took two old fuego alloys to the scrapper (with tyres on; you don't get deducted for having them on for alloys) and got £17 which wasn't bad.

I had 5 cx alloys stolen from me once which I bought off ebay for a quid. I couldn't for the life of me think who would steal them as they had no tryes on and were unpainted. Apparently they would have weighed in at £50.
Some light fingered b*st*rds I expect. I didn`t know that about the alloys/tyres staying on. I`ll ask some local weigh in yards but the one I use most is a bit `fussy` and will probably say they won`t pay or I`ll get next to naff all as they want everything weighing and would deduct too much for the tyres.
I need to have a mass clearout here but until my truck`s exhaust is sorted I can`t use the bloody thing. I have a Cavalier and a Fiat here that need to get binned and the plan is to fill the Cav up with all my spare scrap to get a decent return on it.

Did the owner of the BX`s you mentioned above get back to you with a price in the end mate? I`m thinking he must want daft money for them?
Vauxhall apologist.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

All prices are around £100 I was there again today collecting a car.
I will end up paying that amount for a diesel auto though with aircon!!! It has the aircon control mounted where the switches are,opposite the handbrake. I have never seen that before?!

What a rare car I think the heads gone and its done 170 000 miles but its worth saving.
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm think the earlier ones had it there, unless its a aftermarket or dealer fitted one, are u just having the aircon or are u resurecting the whole car?
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

As i've stated before i'm one of the rare people who prefer autos to manuals. An auto diesel with aircon would be a perfect keeper for me.
It's not in the mk I handbooks, with the aircon switch mounted there, so it must have been a dealer option. Also the seats are of very good quality cloth, not the horrible herringbone type on the TRS's..
I'm going to try my damndest to get it back on the road and keep it though it means both the TZD estate and the XM SEi Turbo need to be moved on...
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hmm, TZD estate for sale, hey? :D
Vauxhall apologist.