bx 14 for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

bx 14 for sale

Post by timbo »

Hi everybody :D I have my poor old BX for sale and if it doesn't sell then it may have to go to the breakers yard. It's in a condition for somebody who has the space and the mechanical knowhow to make a good car out of. It has it's problems don't get me wrong, but I just can't see it go for scrap. If I had the $, the space and the ability, then I would keep it for sure. All I'm asking is for what I can get at the wreckers..... any questions about it just drop me a line or post here .... I really don't want it to go to the wreckers :(
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hey Tim,

Please can you let us know what model, age, colour and mileage it is/has? And whats up with it. And does it have any MOT at all.

Wreckers yards pay about £25-30 Up here for a scrap car, is that what you wanted for it.
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

for sure... I will go and get all the info and post it's exact details. As for whats wrong with it.... Bit of rust in the tailgate, have the clicking in the pressure reg for the suspension, clutch will need replacing soon (but works fine at present), will need new bearings in the rear, radio lead needs replacing, carb jets need a clean. I have had the fuel lines replaced, steering joint replaced, new battery, new front tyres, new front section of exhaust (rear was done last year). I have done the sphere test and they are OK. Since having the fuel line replaced I have had some blockages in the fuel line at the filter. It needs a good clean out. All electrics work. The interior is in good condition. The exterior is in good condition (it's white in colour). The engine is great for it's age and "DOESN'T" burn a lot of oil. Since april I haven't put any oil in it at all.
It does give a squirt of blue on startup but I think that is expected (it's done about 114000 miles). I have since got a Citroen ZX and would rather drive the BX at any time. It has better suspension, brakes, power, steering and is far more comfortable. I just cannot afford the time and $ in repairing it. I am not in a position to do the work myself. It has about 6 months MOT/TAX left. Will get the exact date of the TAX disc when I go out next. Forgive any weird explainations... I'm Australian :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No worries blue! :D

Sounds a bargain, a picture would be great if you can manage it!
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

will try and put a pic on the forum... have never done it B4 so be patient.... hehe ...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No problems, im thinking its a 14TGE maybe?
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I'd be interested to see a picture of the rust in the tailgate.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I expect that that is a typo and that the rust will be in the boot floor.
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

nope i typed it correctly... cannot see rust in the floor of the boot but it's on the edge where the boot lock is. It's actually under the rubber seal. I still haven't got around to the pics.... stay tuned.... :D