Car Transportation Service

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Car Transportation Service

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Some of you old-timers on here like me will remember YanGreen who had a red BX16v off Keith Adams of Classic Car Weekly fame and then sold it to Mr Stinkwheel who is also a forum regular.

YanGreen is now YanSeabrook as he is married and took his wife's name (always different is our Ian!)

Well Ian as he is more commonly known to his friends has started a business transporting cars. See his website below, it may be of use to some of you guys as his prices are lets say.... very competitive.

http://yans-van.mysite.orange.co.uk/
Over and out from me
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Car Transportation Service

Post by docchevron »

Ian_Fearn wrote:Some of you old-timers on here like me will remember YanGreen who had a red BX16v off Keith Adams of Classic Car Weekly fame and then sold it to Mr Stinkwheel who is also a forum regular.

http://yans-van.mysite.orange.co.uk/
Lets hope gets some business from here then!

The red 16v rather sounds like the one I ended up with, and broke :shock: :(
Hope he doesn't hold grudges!!! :wink:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Ian, I take it he got the LDV he was after? I`ve been conversing with him very recently (by e-mail) wrt the best truck to get. I`ll mail him again later and have a `chat`. I did mention I`ll put some work his way and I think between the two of us we can hopefully help each other out. I`m planning on doing a bit more myself next year when the truck`s sorted out and I hopefully go halves on a unit. Also planning on getting a large (20 foot!) 4 wheel car transporter trailer with a tyre rack etc, and I have a contact in South Wales who does recovery work too.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

AHhh i wondered how Tim was getting his mehari home! :D
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Cor, 'ello again folks! Thanks for the plug Fearny!

Sorry I haven't been on 'ere much - too many forums and not enough time since I got rid of my red'un.

No worries about it being broken. To be fair, it really wasn't very nice anymore! Still went like stink until the bitter end though. At least we sorted out the log-book issue in the end! Good old DVLA.

Cavmad - yes, I went for the LDV (or Leyland Daf to be exact) and a right old beast it is too. Already helping out a BX owner with the aforementioned Mehari move (yes, Timmy!).

Here's the beast in action - with a Citroen on the back of course!

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Ian, looks a good old beaty that one with a decent back on it too.
I`ll start posting a few messages for you soon on various forums, pm me with your mobile number if you want that to go on. I`ll pm you or mail when I get the chance mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

No problem Ian, its a useful service, i'm sure it'll go well and i'll certainly be putting work your way should i need it.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm this means I can buy even more bangers! :lol:
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I've e-mailed you Ian,

need a quote already, i think Im gonna be in trouble :-)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Blooming genius!! :D I wish I'd known about your enterprise when I shelled out £160 to have my BX-with-mortally-wounded-octopus moved from Woking to Arlesey a few weeks ago... (64ish miles - the recovery man was local to Arlesey).

I will bear you in mind if I ever get round to moving my dead BX - if it has somewhere to go to other than a scrapyard...

Cheers,

Mark.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hi

It does seem a good idea - although trying to defront the van today and finding that the blower motor wasn't working was not good!

Sadly though Mark, Woking is quite a trek so not sure I'd actually work out any cheaper.

For info - I'm based in the South Midlands. Now if we get someone to cover the South, we can call the whole of England our own!

Ian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That could be easier than we think Ian, leave it with me :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Re: Car Transportation Service

Post by M »

Ian_Fearn wrote:YanGreen is now YanSeabrook as he is married and took his wife's name (always different is our Ian!)
You know - I did wonder ^^ after issue two of Original Tin... Im still waiting for Peter to print issue 3 which will have my BX tale of Vera and a BX buyers guide in it.

Good Luck with the new venture Ian/Yan
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ah, Original Tin. In issue 3, I'll be slagging off Maestros after I fell out with mine!

Ian
M

Post by M »

yangreen wrote:Ah, Original Tin. In issue 3, I'll be slagging off Maestros after I fell out with mine!

Ian
Funnily enough I wrote a piece slagging off my hearing aid beige one, and also a compendious tome on the many Fiestas i have had in my life. Sort of on with writing about a 1978 Beemer 320i