92 Bx diesel BREAKING

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jezzie 16v
Confirmed BX'er

92 Bx diesel BREAKING

Post by Jezzie 16v »

Bit of a shame this really as pre accident condition was very good :cry:
Mate of mine drove it into the back of a 106.

All parts except for the obvious are avalable, my mate suspects the head gasket may have gone but as of yet i have found no proof of this but everything else seems ok.

Any bits or bobs you need PM me, all will be very cheap+ postage, all larger parts will need to be collected.

Thanks Jez
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Woops! I bet it made a mess of the 106.
Jezzie 16v
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jezzie 16v »

:lol: Forgot to say, I'm not a mechanic so if you want anything complex from it IE drive train or engine etc, bring your spanners.

Jez
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Just a word of warning mate..Make sure that you call a licensed scrap guy to take away the carcass...If you are looking to tralier the remains down yourself by trailer (and make yourself a bit extra)you could be fined!!!
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
Jezzie 16v
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jezzie 16v »

I wont be taking it anywhere, i dont have a trailor, time or interest to do that, soon as i have had the few bits i want off of it, it will be collected.

Thanks for the advice tho.

Jez
M

Post by M »

BCXM wrote:If you are looking to tralier the remains down yourself by trailer (and make yourself a bit extra)you could be fined!!!
Really? How so?
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

A few years ago we drove a scrap BX to the yard a few miles on a Sunday morning.

Missing some doors, bonnet, bootlid & 1/2 exhaust, only a driver's seat,
no bumpers, wings etc...

I laughed the whole way!
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

New regulations...unless you are a licensed waste carrier you can't take incomplete cars to the crushers..You can still take a complete car though..
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
M

Post by M »

Mike E (uk) wrote:A few years ago we drove a scrap BX to the yard a few miles on a Sunday morning.
Missing some doors, bonnet, bootlid & 1/2 exhaust, only a driver's seat,
no bumpers, wings etc...
I laughed the whole way!
Sounds like the mother in laws allagro that I took the roof off, filled with houshold shite and bricks and drove to the scrappys (most of household shite hidden from view by big bits of metal and cut up roof.)

Cars handling could best be described as "Brown Trousers Time" sans roof.
I expect 16 years on the Allagro would be worth more than the tenner I got for it. :roll:

Thats got to be a real issue for anyone who has a spares car - I suppose a morning with an angle grinder and the shell could be reduced to "metal pannels" - When does it cease to be a car I wonder?
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I think a car ceases to be a car if it doesn't have it's road wheels which sucks if you want the front struts and rear subframe..You could always disguise it by putting the wheels under the arches but again if you want to keep those nice michelins you bought for the car that wouldn't work...

Cavmad, habve you any more info on the matter?
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate