GS for very reluctant sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

GS for very reluctant sale

Post by stuart_hedges »

Hi guys,

It's with great reluctance that I've decided I've got to sell my GS. Following the breakup of my disastrous relationship with my ex-girlfriend, my finances have reached the point where I can't afford to run any sort of car; let alone one in need of some work.

For those of you who don't know Sally, she's a 1978 Citroen GS Club in Cornflower Blue. Generally pretty good and certainly worth saving but in need of more work than I can afford.

Body generally OK - a few bits of surface rust here and there; sills and battery tray were welded up for the MoT last year so they should be good for a while. Dent in one door.

Electrical system: doesn't charge - suspected dead alternator.

Engine and gearbox good.

Intermittent vibration which my local garage has diagnosed as dodgy engine mounts.

Advisory on a wheel bearing on last year's MoT.

Tax until the end of April, MoT around about the same time.

I desperately don't want to be parted from this car, so I will want a promise of "first refusal" from the new owner when he decides to sell.

She's a beaut and I'm going to miss her.

I paid £400 for her last year and she's in similar condition now - the welding's been done, but the engine mounts have started playing up instead. It would be nice to get the £400 back, but I'm open to offers. The money will go towards paying off credit card bills which I racked up furnishing my ex-girlfriend' s flat. Car is in Hove. Photos available at [url]http://www.geocities.%20com/stuart_hedges/cars[/url] - I have more photos - PM me if you want them.

Please PM me if you're interested as I don't hang out on this board much any more!

Cheers guys...
Stuart
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Aw Stuart :cry: I really feel for you mate. I will let Chris S. know - no doubt he'll be interested.... his names been on the V5 *that* many times!!

See you soon I hope :)

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Haha - I also sent this message to the GSA-L yahoo list, and Chris replied about 14 seconds later!

He's offered to help out with storage but I can't see my way out of this financial mire for at least a year, during which she'll only deteriorate more, so I'm reluctant to take him up on that.

Better if she goes to a GOOD owner.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PM sent, Stuart.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I have e-mailed you too stuart. i may have sent it to the GSA list actually, which is silly but its meant for your eyes anyway.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Replied to both! I'd be very happy for her to go to either of you - it would be great for her to stay within sight, and in the club.

Unfortunately my laptop died (rather spectacularly) the other night so for the moment the only pics available are the ones on my website - www.geocities.com/stuart_hedges/cars

Stinkwheel, I replied to you before I saw this thread so I didn't realise Philip was also interested. I don't want to be the cause of any ill-feeling on here so I hope you'll come to an agreement between you.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Don't worry, mate I don't think I'll get a suitable garage, and my eyes have wandered elsewhere too...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Aw man, I really really feel for you mate.

I nearly sold everything I owned for a wimmin type.

Would it not be an easier solution to apply No.4 coal shovel and sell her furniture??

Hope the cra finds a good home, I really want a G, but I just dont have the time or space for it ATM.

Hope things work out for you matey..

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, sorry to hear your troubles Stuart.

I guess we've all done it, one way or the other. I moved to Germany for a fraulein. Didn't work out, I came back with nothing but a rucksack full of T-shirts (and some fairly fruity German) and found myself a job in a pub.

Hope things improve soon.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Hi Stuart..

I went round on sunday morning and knocked for you but you weren't in..The car is very nice..
I'm afraid the BX has gone now to the guy who origionally put his name down for it he came up with the money in the end and I get the car back in two months time..I have other bits and pieces that may interest you otherwise i'll try and get the cash together this week..

Speak soon
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Damn damn damn! I was there all morning but I didn't hear you :( Time to get the doorbell fixed... I never hear people knocking :(

Keep in touch, anyway! Always happy to deal :) I'm looking around on ebay for something cheap and running (cheap stuff like Golfs, AX's, Pug 205s) but I'd much rather it was a BX...
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I have a cheap BX 16 TRS with 11 months MOT??

tax will run out this month though..

Sunroof stereo quite tidy new plugs good engine and box just done the bumpers drivers seat is ripped but has a cover can get a replacement though...

thats going for £150???
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Sounds good to me :) Want to do swapsies? I'm not bothered about spec or cosmetics - I just need something that will function for a while.

Give me a call to arrange a time and we will Do The Deal.