BX rescue mission: Welcome K53TDF.

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

BX rescue mission: Welcome K53TDF.

Post by tom »

DLM is currently driving back in his new Tizzydee Estate. I had a call a few weeks ago from a chap who had owned it for four years and needed rid of it due to the inheritance of a new car. Unfortunately, he had driven the BX with the game over lamp on for half a mile and the HG was suspect. Structurally, though it looked presentable with a nice set of alloys on it and silver grey in colour so I put DLM on to it. The owner reckoned that the water pump was shot but a preliminary check seemed to rule this out. Last friday evening, we worked until well after dark in Hemel Hempstead reckoning to remove the stat to give us a chance of limping back to Gosport. The housing leaked. We bodged up a gasket. The housing leaked. Then we saw the water coming out from below. Water pump most probably. Go home.
Sunday Morning, Grolliffe was filled with tools and we headed back armed with a new stat, a water pump and a cambelt and did the deed. It didn't seem to be pressurising so we drove as far as Watford to check that all was well and I bade him adieu. He sent me a text from Fleet to say that he had no dramas so far and I await his arrival in Gosport with crossed fingers. The only glitch is the lack of an ABS lamp. He can have mine. The system has gone on the blink again!

Update 9.25PM He made it with water to spare! Mission accomplished.
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

Well. it usually takes a week or so to know for sure so fingers remain crossed.
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

Blow me down! it went straight through an MOT. Another one cheats the scrapman. Well done David!