Mark 1 Bits and pieces

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
PhilW

Mark 1 Bits and pieces

Post by PhilW »

Going to have a big clearout of my back shed this weekend. Buried somewhere at the back are the remains of a French BX19TRD (reg April 1984) which I scrapped about 10 years ago. It was beige unfortunately. Before I go direct to the tip, I know I have the following:-
Back Hatch
Bonnet (plastic)
4 doors (front with electric windows) - these are pretty rusty by now! but internals/winders/motors etc should still be there
Front and rear bumpers
Rear lights (good nick, but "unsmoked" originals).
A couple of boxes of various nuts/bolts/grommets/relays/switches etc There may be lots of other bits but I can't get to them yet but some will no doubt emerge this weekend!
I still have all the original documentation and handbook also (in French!)

Is there a market on this board for any of these things?
They are free to a good home - collection necessary of course - I am in Leics and don't mind hanging on to things if I know they will be picked up in next month or so.
Hope someone might have a use for them - we've moved on (down???) to Xantia and Berlingo
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Adamskibx may well have a use for bonnet and bumper. I'll PM him.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Where in leicesteshire mate?I can collect the bonnet and bumper for Adam if its not too far etc.
Last edited by tim leech on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Where in leicestershire mate?

Barrow on Soar
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Not far from me about 20 miles. If anyone wants these I can pick them up over easter and store them for a few days, but they will be outside tho!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I am definately interested in the bonnet Phil as mine is beige and had a crash recently. Also, I may be interested in the front crash panel and any beams that unbolt (ill have a look and find out what does unbolt/unweld, and what doesnt later on) Is the beige a light sort of Ivory beige? The pics of my car can be found on the BXCLUB homepage (pre-crash :( )

Also, if the o/s rear door is any good id be interested in that as some twirp has scraped it since I parked it up after the accident. I am 100% certain I ant the bonnet though provided the colour is the same, which I suspect it is. Many thanks, Adam. PS. I can collect any weeknight next week apart from Monday, or the weekend of that week.

Cheers, Adam.
PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Adam,
If I have the right car (very nice C reg GT) then yours is very white compared to the bits I have. Have done Google for a BX in same colour but can't find one - perhaps only available in France??
My "bits" (!) are more like the colour of the 1978 GS about 11 down on this page
http://www.hydrosphere91.fr/annoncea.htm
My wife says "It's not beige - it's more biscuit"
If it's any good to you - let me know.
I think the doors are well past any use as replacements - mentioned them in case the glass/internals/handles etc were any use to anyone.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I bet early tail lights are hard to find. Tim, if you're going to go, would you be able to get hold of those for me and pass them on at the National? Mine are fine, but it would be nice to have a spare set in case of supermarket accidents.

I've got an early mk 2 with the old-style lights, I'm assuming they're the same as mk 1s!

Also I have a small collection of car memorabilia - the French handbook and other docs would be a really nice addition to that if they're going begging :)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I can do a run on sunday if that helps if people let me know what bits they need, bearing in mind I dont have a Van so the real bifg stuff I can manage.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Phil. It sounds like its a differnet colour then, but mine can look a lot darker in different a different light. I dont suppose you would mind looking at the colour code for me? I think mine starts in EHT and is stenciled on the left inner wing in the engine bay. Many thanks, Adam
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Can you pick up those lights and docs for me then Tim? Thanks very much!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Can do Im away sunday tho until late afternoon so tomorrow friday would be better for me, is this ok and can everyone let me know what Im collecting etc and also a address please. Bear in mind I live in a small 2 bedroom flat so the larger items will be stored outside and will need to be collected within a week or so or risk being tipped before my neighbours go mad!
PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Adam,
Have been forced into decorating all day today, so sorry for delay in replying.
During a short break, managed to scramble to back of shed and retrieve a front wing and photograph it to give you an idea of colour of bonnet - piece of white paper is there to let you know how far it is from ivory/white! Sainsbury's bag contains fixing nuts! Can't get colour code because that bit of car has gone to tip many years ago!
Photos should be here (not done much of this so hope it works!)
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/PhilRW/Old%20BX/
If you still think you want the bonnet let me know - I won't throw anything away until I hear.

Tim and Stuart,
Don't worry about rushing to get the bits - I won't chuck them away if I know someone wants them! I will get round to sorting out shed sometime this weekend and can put a more definitive list on here - and the exact condition. I know the rear light clusters are OK, and complete with (at least !) 10 year old bulbs! And I will save them for Stuart until such time as convenient to effect a transfer - after all they have been there for years, so a few more days/weeks/months doesn't matter to me. I reckon that by the time I have cleared all the other rubbish out of shed I could still store them under cover there (and not cause Tim to anger his neighbours!!)
Hope you enthusiasts are enjoying your BXing and some of these bits will find a good home.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

That great Phil thanks, will allow me to come over with a Van then sometime
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

That's brilliant, thanks to both of you!