ATHENA

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

ATHENA

Post by tim leech »

Right anyone whos read my post in bx chat knows that my beloved 16v is rather rusty and will need some surgery to make it sound again, having spent my spare cash on my newest addition that will have to go so I can recoup what I have spent and get the 16v welded up.

MOT until end of June but I can put 12 months on at whatever the cost is, no tax, 65k perfect runner any trial, few dents here and there, had a service last week including new filters and plugs, 2 new michelin tyres, recent new front spheres, heater control on a strut return pipe are the only faults I know off. Even all the dash bulbs work!

Sensible offers around £150 please bearing in mind I spent £90 on parts and labour servicing it less than a week ago.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bump!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

This is a bargain motor for someone. Its one of the nicest BX's i've ever driven, very frustrating to Tim and I who've spent hundreds (read thousands) on cars that'll never drive as nice as this one!

Very accurate description and an absolute steal, thats my unbiased opinion.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cheers mate cheques in the post! Agreed Ian its probably the nicest bx to drive ive ever had. May keep it if no one bags it just that I need the cash to get the 16v fixed.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

16v is a lot more rotten than I previously though, so this car will be going on ebay this weekend unless anyone pipes up beforehand! PM if interested.

£150 no offers come take it away
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

SOLD! 8) To a club member whos has a 1.4 already (not owen lol)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Well done, glad its got a home, leaves you with some more space to rescue another.....:D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im sure he will make himself known, hope it made it the 120 mile trip home ok, im done with BXs for now thank Mulley!
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

Well it made it back Tim but not without a slight hic-cup.

After about 80 smooth miles the dash lit up like a christmas tree and when I opened the bonnet the radiator had boiled and covered your nicely cleaned engine bay in rusty water. It appears that the cooling fan isn't working but after a short wait and a bottle of evian it recovered sufficiently to get me home.

Lovely posh BX though took me a while to work out that the lights remaining on in the cabin when I got out wasn't a fault but in fact a courtesy light that went out when you locked the door.

Is the faulty strut return pipe the r/h one as there is a small creak coming from that side now it has hit the mountainous traffic calming of south London!

Thanks for your patience today, you're a true gent.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Whereabouts in Kingston are you? I drive through there every day on my way to work in Teddington! If you see a dark met grey 16TGS Meteor, that's me!

Could come and look at your fan one evening if you like? I've been looking forward to seeing this Athena 8)

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

OK Ben no worries, I would check the thermoswitch connection, and get the cooking system flushed aswell.

Glad you liked the car, you have bought yourself a bargain!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

OK Ben no worries, I would check the thermoswitch connection, and get the cooling system flushed aswell.

Last edited by tim leech on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:OK Ben no worries, I would check the thermoswitch connection, and get the cooking system flushed aswell.

So good, I cooked it twice! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...