White phase one GTi with alloys bought on ebay for £1??

Anything about BXs
BCXM
BXpert

White phase one GTi with alloys bought on ebay for £1??

Post by BCXM »

I was at the petrol station filling up the Xantia when a guy pulled up next to me in a gorgeous white ph1 GTi with unmarked alloy wheels. It was an auto so I asked if he wanted to sell..He said no as he had just bought it. He said he got it off ebay for ONE BLOODY POUND!!!!! when did this happen did anyone else see it recently??? It was one of the best I have ever seen. He's bringing it in for work on Tuesday. I've ntrioduced him to the club.

The guy came to collect my white TRS yesterday and was very happy with it. I've also told him about the club

Anyone have a running and driving BX with/without MOT the wish to sell petrol auto prefered will consider anything?
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think the guy was pulling your plo****. No BX oneBay gets past us. Really, who would sell a perfectly good car for £1 anyway?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

the car was advertised with a long failsheet apparently and the guy just wanted shot of it. It was immaculate on the body though..

To be fair £1 is more than the guy would get at from most scrapmen who collect the car for nothing or even charge..
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BCXM wrote:the car was advertised with a long failsheet apparently and the guy just wanted shot of it. It was immaculate on the body though..

To be fair £1 is more than the guy would get at from most scrapmen who collect the car for nothing or even charge..
It amazes me the amount of work they get as well. Scrap must have gone up again now as can get £45-£50 per car and that's still polluted AND collected round here.
There'll be a few more rarities in the metal yard again I'll wager: saw another XM heading that way on Friday.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

BCXM wrote:a long failsheet
Fair enough. But how did it escape the watchful eBay eyes of us lot? :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

There are SO many ways someone can hide something on Ebay if they dont' know what they are selling. I've seen BXs advertised as "citron car" in a wildly unrelated category, and then there are all the complete cars advertised as as spares. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Joe Jackson has a wonderful story in his book (A cure for Gravity - much recommended) of a musician friend buying an immaculate 1950s Fender Stratocaster for £5 (one of the holy grails of the guitar world) from someone who advertised it as a "Fendercaster guitar". Eno bought a white Fender from his milkman for pennies...

The same principle applies to almost anything anyone can sell - even on Ebay.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.