Mk1 TRS Free to good home

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
artic-steel

Mk1 TRS Free to good home

Post by artic-steel »

If anyone can give my MK1 TRS a good home & the TLC she deserves then i will let her go.
She needs welding on both sills & the doors are a bit scabby other than that she appears solid
I got her with good intentions but simply don't have time, i promised myself i would work on her this weekend but as always things crop up
Please do not get her if like me you can't offer her a good home, viewing is recomended, i can store her for awhile if need be.

PM me for contact phone number

Should add it is an auto, 1.6 petrol
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Is that *really* all it needs? Welding to the sills?

If so I might well be up for it.

Details please? Maybe even some photos?
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

i think so, not much i don't think, you are welcome to view with no comitment, i know your along way off.
i'll take pics tomorrow & if you pm your e-mail foward them
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well, you're on the other side of the country, I'm moving house in three weeks time and probably again in September, and I've already got two shaky old motors.

But hell, I want a mark 1!

Please send pics to my_username at yahoo dot com.

Thanks for your PM - I'll call you tomorrow when I'm sober and less likely to make rash decisions.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

ok, you have first refusal
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

This is my old car and I can confirm besides the sills it sound, the interiors very nice, and has new plug leads and a new exhaust but as arctic says it needs the body tidying but its not rotten.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Is it taxed and tested?

If it can be driven home I reckon I'll go for it.

Any chance of some pictures?
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

No it's got no tax & test, if i get it through i won't sell it, like Tim says i don't believe it will need alot but as previously mentioned i just never seem to have time.

I was hoping a garage would come up but thats fallen through so i feel it best for the cars sake to let her go.

I will get some pics sorted as soon as i can
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Sounds good... just the logistics (read - cost) of getting it down here. I'll look into it and let you know.

Cavmad, David, anyone else who's got means of transporting cars - rough estimate for transporting a car from North Wales to Brighton?
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

BUMP!

I do really, really want this car and I've got a friendly welder lined up.

The issue is the distance.

Can anyone out there give me a sensible quote to transport it from artic's place down here? Or anywhere in the south east, really - I can probably find drive space in the Heathrow (SW London) or Bromley (SE London) as easily as I can here.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Stuart, why dont u buy a 2nd hand trailer for the job, once done sell it, probably work out a fraction of the cost of getting the car professionally trailored.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'd just book an MOT locally and drive it back, all nice and legal (ish) then...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

MULLEY wrote:Stuart, why dont u buy a 2nd hand trailer for the job, once done sell it,
Because I *think* Mr. Hedges is young enough that he will have a restricted licence, and unless he has taken the extended towing test, can't tow much more than a crappy little halfords erde trailer.

The "loacal MOT booking" option is one way to go, but if the car is clearly not going to pass (holes in the sills) then PC plod is going to take a fairly dim view of that.

Here, to North Wales, to Brighton, and back. It's the best part of 600 miles. Given that I'd have to use my van, as I'm having a bit of a crisis with non-working or non-legal cars at the moment, that's about 100litres of fuel, at whatever price I can find along the way (the van only has a 70litre tank, so I'd have to fill at some point)

Actually, it wouldn't be much less than that even to use a car, as when towing a car's fuel consumption drops a reasonable amount, whereas the van's stays roughly the same at approx 30mpg

I do also at some point need to pick up my "spare" BX from southampton area, so there may be some mileage (ho ho) in picking up this free BX from wales, driving it over, and then driving mine back, but I'm less sure about that.

It also all depends on how soon this may/may not need to happen.
this might be a signature
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Because I *think* Mr. Hedges is young enough that he will have a restricted licence, and unless he has taken the extended towing test, can't tow much more than a crappy little halfords erde trailer.
This is true - I took my test in June '97.

I'm also not convinced that towing a BX behind a BX is safe, sensible or even legal!

I'm looking into how much money I could get for the red BX - that will decide, in the end, if I go ahead or not. I hope it'll be enough to transport the Mk 1 back, get it welded, and whatever else needs doing for the MoT. So, artic, if anyone wants the car in the meantime you should go ahead rather than waiting for me.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

stuart_hedges wrote:I'm looking into how much money I could get for the red BX
You're just chickening out of doing a large octopus change aren't you!

I'm actually quite surprised that you're considering changing from a Diesel to a Petrol BX to be honest, especially a 16 auto. low 20's mpg is fairly common for these I believe. You must be getting nearly double that at the moment?
this might be a signature