(non-BX) - Rover P6 resto project

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

(non-BX) - Rover P6 resto project

Post by stuart_hedges »

It's a funny thing. I've held onto this bloody car for years, always intending to do it up one day and always being told by others that it would never happen.

Something clicked in my brain this morning and said, f&*£ it, it's got to go.

Perhaps it's part of the de-cluttering that I'm doing in my life at the moment...

Anyway. Here it is. Fifty quid and it's yours. Hell, I'd probably accept a half-decent bottle of whisky for it.

I'd much, much, much rather see it go to someone who's going to restore it but I can see that it will be a difficult project so if it's going to go for parts to keep another P6 on the road, so be it.

History of my stewardship of the car:

Page 1

Page 2

It's going to take some work to haul it out of Mum's garage - the brakes are well and truly bound on. I'll give you a hand though. It will, quite obviously, need trailering away.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Wow! Fantastic reading, Stu! :D
I really wish I had the space, covered or not, to take on the Arsemobile......but there's no way! Apart from that, there would be the relatively high cost to get her trailered up North!

I really hope that you find a nice, new owner for her. The amazing amount of work you've put in on her so far, over many years (OK...not much in the last 3 or 4!) deserves to be continued until she finally gets that respray and back on the road again.

I even went so far as to ask the wife if she could think of any way we could do this....despite taking my life in my hands by doing so! :shock:
I know that her Dad used to have a couple of P6s in the 70s, so thought I was on reasonably safe ground! She actually took the idea sensibly, and I think would have even been agreeable if we had any possibility of room for the car!

Good Luck mate! (Please don't scrap her....or sell her to someone who will!)

Dave
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Don't, mountainman, you're making me come over all misty-eyed.

I still miss driving that car - we've done some very happy miles together.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Actually, Stu....I would LOVE to own a nice clean roadworthy and running P6 as my main daily!!
I have even been checking out any possibles on eBay lately!! :shock:
Obviously the best bet would be to have one that I'd bought cheap and got fixed up myself...but then I'm back to my main problem...NO SPACE!

I wish I could find some kindly farmer or something, with a spare, secure barn somewhere within a couple of miles of my house!

You only decided to get rid of her on a fleeting notion...in your "decluttering" mode! Don't act hastily and then regret it for the rest of your life!

Next time we have a nice sunny day, forget the BX and GSA, get yourself down to your Mums garage and get those darned brakes freed off!!! :wink:
You know it makes sense! :lol:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'd love a P6 too, although I'd want to put the jet engine in it!!

I agree with David, think about it VERY carefully mate, I've been down the same road with the coach, but in the end I'm VERY glad I kept her, despite it costing the national debt to rebuild.

Circumstances can change unexpectedly, I'm not saying dont part ith it, just think about it carefully...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If 'twas a veight, I'd have had it :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I had a V8 auto once, most tail happy car Ive ever had! :D