Boot panels for estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
toddao
BXpat

Boot panels for estate

Post by toddao »

what to call them? Those two black grilles that go over the recesses in the boot area, with the twisting clips. I'm looking for a pair that haven't been sun warped.
There was a new pair on German Ebay - boxed. Buy it now price was €59 - I thought : no-one's gonna pay that! Get em for €5. Someone just bought them buy-it-now - from UK - anyone here?
So, if anyone has any and possibly a boot cover too ( with blinds?) I will gratefully receive at National.. thankyou
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

well, that post received an overwhelming response! Probably because I didn't use the proper name for them. Having just aquired a boxed pair I can inform everyone their Citroen name is : Boot lateral storage compartment lids. How interesting. And the original set on German ebay were bought by a club member.
Still looking for estate boot cover in grey, with blinds... still awake? :shock:
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

toddao wrote:Still looking for estate boot cover in grey, with blinds... still awake? :shock:
Awake, yes :D

My local breakers have a grey estate parcel shelf with blinds and strings for £30. Do you want me to get it for you?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Todd, the flaps for the boot conpartments are very rare over here to the point where very few people have them and usually have to put some effort in to get hold of a set, and thats just for the saloons. I've never heard or seen of them for the estates, and from my perspective €50 doesn't sound like too much for such a rare item!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Vanny, they're rare here too. They weren't the best made items in the world, add to that the 'workhorse' role of most BX estates in recent years and the destruction all interior fittings . I thought I would never see another pair after that boxed set sold but I was lucky.

Philip, thanks for the offer. I've got a line on another boot lid but I'll let you know before next week..
Todd

classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

i've never seen these covers before

any chance of a photo ?
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

I bought the set on ebay for my friends TGD estate.

The covers are the same but longer as the picture below that shows the saloon version (with thanks to Luke Todd who's car it is in the picture):
Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

i like those, there neat :D

i wonder if we might be able to get some at the CCC National

thanks for the photo :)

Ps.

I happen to have a spare boot cover too with blinds and I will be at the national
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I have one but it needs repairing. The main cover is OK though.

If anyone's interested...
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...