Interior wanted & Shopping List

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

Interior wanted & Shopping List

Post by M »

Anyone got:

Clock tray & digital clock?
or
Dash pod analogue clock that works

Full interior seating & door cards to match, anything considered but really do need a drivers seat more than anything else - so will happily just take a drivers seat...

Steering wheel in grey, though to be honest again I would consider a black one. Mine is breaking up through a combination of UV light and age.

Cheers.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Marty Arctic steel is breaking that 16TGS with the same interior as yours/mine and I know the drivers seat and steering wheel was in fine fettle. I have already had the dash tray as mine had alarm sensors glued on with bits of wood as spacers which looked rather naff! :shock:

I do have a spare 16v wheel which you can have gratis but the indicator lug has broken off!

Your more than welcome to the digi clock which works fine!
M

Post by M »

Oh now that would be good - and save me swapping the whole interior - the seat seems to have been sat upon by a rhinoserous in the past and has colapsed (well, my bulk doesnt help either) - its a grey seat with blue/ red herringbone pattern.
Otherwise the car is very nice indeed.
I will PM him.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yep same seats as mine, the materials very heardwearing too, my drivers seats had a quater of a million miles and 10 owners on it in 17 years and is still very comfy. If you want that clock just private me your address and I will send it you gratis mate.
M

Post by M »

Yup - material is fine, just the foam stuff has colapsed in mine making it a bit uncomfortable after you have done a couple of hundred miles or so.

Will Pm you the addy if your sure about the dash clock (mine has an analogue clock on the dash pod and a blank cut out in the clock tray, however the adjuster on the dash clock has packed up which means either...
a) using the Donald Duck alarm clock I currently use or
b) Disconnecting the battery and remembering to go out exactly 8 hours 4 minutes later and reconnect it.....

The digital dash clock should be fairly easy to wire up.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote: The digital dash clock should be fairly easy to wire up.
:shock: [-X
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Maybe not then! Eeek!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

In a pissed-enough-to-reminisce mood, so it's time to wheel out this old story.

My mum's old '86 309 had a dashboard digital clock, much like the one you find on higher spec BXs.

When it died, when the car was about 12 years old, I pottered into the local Pug dealership.

They quoted me EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS PLUS VAT for a new one.

Hrmph.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Digital clocks are a piece of pi$$ to wire in.. They really are, even I can do it, infact, I did!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Marty it will be in the post to you this week mate.
M

Post by M »

Cheers, Jon & Dave think Im a bit of a Jonah when it comes to.. well anything car related, but I do have a B-Tec in electrical engineering as well as my nursing qualifications.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Your better than me mate, I can change bulbs and polish a bx within a inch of its life but thats about it!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

stuart_hedges wrote:In a pissed-enough-to-reminisce mood, so it's time to wheel out this old story.

My mum's old '86 309 had a dashboard digital clock, much like the one you find on higher spec BXs.

When it died, when the car was about 12 years old, I pottered into the local Pug dealership.

They quoted me EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS PLUS VAT for a new one.

Hrmph.

Ahh, good old Peugot. Asked for a price for a standard rear spoiler for my 405 a few years back. "I'd sit down if I were you", said Mr Part Guy. £218+VAT unpainted and unfitted :shock: :evil:
Vauxhall apologist.