mountainmanUK's TXD turbo 1993

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mountainmanUK

mountainmanUK's TXD turbo 1993

Post by mountainmanUK »

This is "Monica", bought in March 2007 for £250, with 3 months T & T!
She now has a new full MOT after fitting a new n/s strut return pipe (£6-50) and tightening the VERY loose hub nut! Biggest job needed was a new o/s outer CV boot! Not bad for a Loot 'find'!

Fitted a nice set of Speedlines and the handling has improved no end, also a few odd bits 'n bobs which needed fixing (heater blower, etc), but she is almost all original!

Plans for the future include new spheres all round, touching-up of a few scratches, and a new clutch & (maybe) gearbox later. Obviously will do the belts while the lump's out! :wink:

125k on the clock, and still gets 50mpg with no smoke! :lol:

Cheers
Dave
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Nice car that matey, the wheels look lovely did you refurb them?
Last edited by tim leech on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

tim leech wrote:Nice cat that matey, the wheels look lovely did you refurb them?
Erm, might be wrong but i'm pretty sure that is a car and not a cat, unless you can see something i've missed?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What cat? :D
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Monica definitely hasn't got a cat! :wink:
There is a moggy that lives next door, but I don't think it was in the picture! :lol:
Nice car that matey, the wheels look lovely did you refurb them?
Thanks Tim,
Yes, I did a pretty quick refurb myself. They stand up pretty well to inspection from 20 feet, but could do with a more careful job doing at some point :wink:
They certainly make Monica stand out better than the 'cheapo' trims I had at first!
You can meet her for yourself in 3 weeks time....in Godmanchester (Sunday only)

Cheers
Dave
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

That is a sexy beast mate. Er, the car, not the cat!

Remind me nearer the time and I'll bring some wheel centres for ya to the national.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Will do, Doc! Cheers for that! :D