Xantia TD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Xantia TD

Post by Kitch »

I've decided to put my 1997 Xantia TD estate up for sale, due to the addition of (another) BX.

Its been a brilliant run around for me since I bought it in January. I'd like to say I've spent this, that and the other on it but I haven't.....it hasn't needed a thing, other than routine wear and tear! Probably the most hassle free car I've owned!

Its a mk1 car in Hermes Red. Its covered (wait for it).....202k miles. If the speedo didn't read that I wouldn't know though, its the best 1.9TD I've driven. It runs very quietly and smoothly, doesn't use a drop of oil or water and pulls very well. The last Xantia TD I had had around 120k miles on it and was clattery and slow by comparison. Mechanically the car is A1....the suspension is fine and all the spheres were changed in January. The brakes are sharp and pull up well, and the ABS functions correctly.
I serviced the car about 2k miles ago, with new oil and filters including fuel filter.

Being the SX model, it has remote central locking and alarm (which both work) and a keypad immobiliser (which also still works). It has electric windows all round, power steering, electric mirrors and split folding seat.

I've also added some C4 wheeltrims to the car, and painted the foglamps yellow. The paint will come off easily if it isn't to your taste. All tyres have ample tread.

It has current MOT and tax. The MOT is valid until Feb '08 and the tax runs out at the end of August.

If I had to pick fault with the car, I'd have to scrape the barrel! I know that the air con isn't working, and its not because it needs a regas! There is a split pipe behind the headlamp, which I've been quoted £20 for from a breakers, but to be honest it really doesn't bother me that much. I just put the windows down!
The rev counter works for the first 15mins of a journey until the car gets hot, at which point it flickers around and dies. Pretty common fault I'm told, and I was quoted only a fiver for a replacement sender from the same breakers.
There are a couple of minor dings and scrapes as you'd expect of a car this age, but it hides them well as you can see in the pics.

In short it'd make a great workhorse for someone, yet it isn't too untidy to have as a nice example either.

Here it is:

I've covered about 6k miles in this car in the time I've had it, including some long trips up and down the country and it's never missed a beat. As I say, I'm not selling through choice really. I just don't have the space to warrant a big estate car that I don't really need.

I'm looking for £650ono. This basically covers my costs of the car to date, and despite the milage this car will prove to drive better than most out there. Anyone who knows their salt knows XUD's will go on forever with the proper care like this has recieved.

I'm also open to offers, and viewing is more than welcome. The car is in Hampshire.

Cheers
Last edited by Kitch on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Not a BX, but nearly

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote: I'm also open to offers,
I'll happily set fire to it for you mate! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually I've ridden in this bery car, and it did seem ok (for a xantia you understand).

So it comes with the doc's seal of approval (as far as xantia's go).
Cant ask for more than that!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

:shock: :shock: :shock:

A rare thing indeed. All we need now is for Ken to put an offer in and I'll stop taking the drugs for a while :D

Fine looking car that Kitch, TD estates are quite sought after too so can't see you having much trouble shifting it.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Great car there Kitch! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Go for it Tim, usefull cars those estates.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Right, in order to keep the mk1, I have to shift this car. Willing to listen to reduced offers, otherwise the mk1's future is bleak :(

ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You do right mate, get rid of it while it's still running :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Could be the bay of dread for it then :cry:, but then again you may get decent wonga, there's always demand for diesel estates which are under a grand.....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yeah, it could easily do more than the asking price, the estates are still much sort after.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Kitch have you tried the CCC and FCF ?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

MULLEY wrote:Could be the bay of dread for it then :cry:, but then again you may get decent wonga, there's always demand for diesel estates which are under a grand.....

Spot on, diesel estates are VERY popular cars on eBay.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Now we know what you have been doing all day :lol: next time I sell one, you can do the listing for me!

Good luck with that. :P