BX TZD 1.9TD estate for sale or swap.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX TZD 1.9TD estate for sale or swap.

Post by cavmad »

Yep, it's mine. Currently sat outside unused and unloved, I'm never going to get round to doing anything with it so it's just a waste of money to have it sat here.
Still MOT'd (will check to when exactly) and taxed until end of July. Engine was brand new about 8 years ago, don't know what mileage it's done but not too much I would have thought. The car itself has circa 194,000 on it but is pretty good condition.
Known faults are as a follows: rear bumper cracked/broken but have a spare (not here), in fact I have two spare ones though might need one of them. Running a little rough after conversion, seems to splutter and stall occasionally so will need some looking at. Radiator wants bleeding and a good clean up wouldn't go amiss. Rear exhaust hangar has long since gone and needs a backbox. I'm not sure where the V5 is but the car's been in my possession for a while and a full receipt will be given with it with a money back warranty that it's mine to sell.
I dare say to someone who knows what they're doing they could fix it here and drive it back home or due to the fact it's taxed and tested maybe the RAC or AA would bring it back for you.
Plus points are it's still taxed and tested, the engine when running properly sounds very well and it pulls like a train from about 40mph in top, as I'm sure Vanny will testify. The torque is unreal and it's suprised many a driver of much newer cars. Bodywork is pretty good, not immaculate but not wrecked either and it's that nice shade of metallic grey. Without doubt it's far too good to scrap or strip but it can't stay here forever and I don't possess the time or skills to sort it myself. Some spares are available by seperate negotiation, including estate rear calipers and quite a few other bits and bats. It's not immaculate but worth saving non-the-less and will give a great deal of pleasure to drive once sorted out.
£250 no offers, sorry to sound mercinary but it would strip for around that amount though I REALLY don't want this to happen. Pictures to follow, though note the alloys won't be included, it'll be back on steelies.

*Will swap for another vehicle with MOT, just need something that can be used a second car/runabout so will consider anything but no VW's or Fiats please.
Vauxhall apologist.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Fancy the GTI back with 12 months ticket on it? Would like a go with a 1.9td and to be honest an estate would be handy.

Any idea on roughly whats up with the engine?

Regards the GTI its got the blow on the exhaust that you already know about, front drivers side brake a little sticky sometimes and the break in damage to the passenger door (new door is still in my shed). Other than that it needs nothing.

Wasn't planning on getting rid of it, have already pre-ok'd it with the missus if a diesel comes up though :lol:.

Matt.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don't think there's anything majorly wrong with it mate, Vanny will know best though.
Vauxhall apologist.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Sounds like it could be fun :D.

Not bothered about the details as long as its mechanically sound (similar to this one). I'll give Vanny a bell tonight and ask him whats up with it - If I can take it on myself (or with help :oops: ) then I'm up for it mate.

The GTI is running sweeter than ever. The only thing Id suggest is that the cambelt will need doing in the next 6k miles (24k since the last change). Theres absolutely nothing else wrong with it at all - I've even fixed the dicky switches and swapped the indicator over. Interior is mint apart from that tiny fag burn on the drivers bolster (have swapped door cards for better ones), new rear speakers fitted and balancer on centre column now works.

If you can let me know what T+T it has left on it though? There's a few months Tax on the GTi which you can have at cost if you like so its drive away?

Also if you're insuring it go through direct line as they're the cheapest I've found for the GTi. Its only costing me £250 fully comp with no excess (thats with 9 points and 5 years no claims...).

Anyway, I'll speak to Vanny and give you a bell later matey.

Cheers,

Matt.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

OK mate, give Vanny a bell and sound him out. Insurance is not a problem as I have trade cover so can almost drive what I like. Could be a problem regarding the tax though as I'm on my arse quite considerably at the moment.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Is this F***RLO you're talking about, Matt? :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think it's one of your old cars Phil so quite possibly. I got it from Artic Steel who in turn (I think) had it from the person you sold it to, does that mean anything to you?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's the one. White. An excellent engine. Seemed faster than any other GTi I've driven :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Aye, it was certainly fun to drive but in all honesty it's not a patch on the estate which is (was) an absolute hoot.
If plans for a swap fall through I'm going to speak to Vanny very nicely and ask if he can fix it for me at his leisure.
Vauxhall apologist.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Yup, the very same, and I'd have to agree, its by far the best engined GTi I've ever driven. Pulls from 23mph in 5th all the way to 115 (errr...in theory ;)).

It's not that I'm unhappy with it, far from it, its a decision based purely on practicality. It could be a stunning car with some attention to the paintwork (where the c*nts tried to break in), and if I keep using it for the work run and storing it on the drive then its going to suffer for it (low mileage runs and passing wildlife).

The only things that need doing are the blow on the exhaust (not had the weather for another attempt at sealing it) and the sometimes sticky front drivers brake (think this is just down to the pad slider needing the rust filing off and a bit of copper grease). Almost forgot - just fitted smoked light clusters to the back - looks 10 times better :).

Knowing me I'll probably end up getting it back at some point anyway :lol:.

Matt.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Matt, without wishing to turn this forum into Swapshop don't suppose you fancy a very nice quality proper British hand made mountain bike in lieu of road tax do you?
Vauxhall apologist.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Actually my mate is after one so yeah :D.

I'm not sure how much tax is on it, I think til september, so its not got a lot. MOT is til May 25th 08 though :).

Matt.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I might buy it then if it's not long. Failing that Billy's magical shed of spares may have something to tempt you? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Yup probably :).

In all honesty though my mate is after a push rod for walking the dog...if you see anything cheap with round wheels and at least one brake let me know :).

Matt.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I can almost certainly help you there, how is he with bicycle wheel bearings? My lad has a smart mtb here but rear wheel bearings shot and brakes need adjusting. I'm even worse with bikes than I am with cars as hard as that may be to believe!
Vauxhall apologist.