Low Mileage TGD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Low Mileage TGD

Post by tim leech »

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Is this the same one that was sold from Lincoln area not too long ago? :?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think it's reached it's value already, interesting to see how the auction goes.
Vauxhall apologist.
Numptychucker
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Numptychucker »

why do you say its reached its value already?
go further on veg oil
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice enough looking car but no MOT or tax which would put me off a bit.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'd have said it's already reached more than it's value frankly.
David Rutherford did a brilliant pst on the worth of cars in relation to T&T sometime ago, but I cant find it now..

The car has no T&T, the seller "doesn't think it'll need much"...but it does have two recent tyres! So it must be ok right?

Even if he'd put it in for a test and it failed, at least you'd know exactley what was required to get 12months motoring from the car...

Since you can get BX's with T&T for less than £100 this one is overpriced.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Agreed there Doc, without any MOT its worth scrap value, purely because if its a basket case thats what you will get back, minus the £25-£50 MOT test fee. Ive bought 5 bxs without MOT in the past, the most expesnive one of those being £62!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Exactly. So no only do you have over a hundred quid to find to buy the car, you have the expense of collecting it and forty odd quid on an MOT which it may fail in spectacular style.
Then the two hundred odd quid you've spent suddenly doesn't look so cheap anymore and you'll struggle to get that back in parts and weigh in I'm afraid.
Not saying that anyone shouldn't bid on cars like this, it could be a fantastic car that will last for years with minimal work required and the 1.9 n/a is a great engine.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Yep, but t's a gamble, it could be fine. Or, it could be an absolute dog.

I only bet when the odds are in my favour.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive been lucky with my purchases, most probably as I work in the trade most things are fixable at low cost, but to the man in the street it could be a money pit!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Better off paying £750 for my 16TGS auto. At least that's got nothing wrong with it and a new ticket too... (and I'm being serious here - of anyone wants her and is willing to pay what I think she's worth then.... :wink: :D )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:the worth of cars in relation to T&T
As found here, about 4 posts in.

Applying that to this car.

To break for spares... £50 for the engine, £20 for the 2 new tyres and you might make another £20 in parts if someone actually needs them (wing mirrors, seats etc)
Tax? nope. Test? nope.
Work needed.... we'll assume he's not talking utter rubbish... £30 for a garage to fit a wiper, and adjust the handbrake linkage. It might pass the MOT with just this work, but then again it might not.

Total value of car? £60.

Which is roughly the same as the weigh in value. Or the same as I bought a taxed and MOT'd BX TD for..... Says a lot really doesn't it.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Philip chidlow wrote:Better off paying £750 for my 16TGS auto. At least that's got nothing wrong with it and a new ticket too... (and I'm being serious here - of anyone wants her and is willing to pay what I think she's worth then.... :wink: :D )
Boo you dont want to be selling that!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll never say never, Tim :D A new project beckons...

Sorry to take this off topic :oops:

I'll start another thread... :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:the worth of cars in relation to T&T
As found here, about 4 posts in.

Applying that to this car.

To break for spares... £50 for the engine, £20 for the 2 new tyres and you might make another £20 in parts if someone actually needs them (wing mirrors, seats etc)
Tax? nope. Test? nope.
Work needed.... we'll assume he's not talking utter rubbish... £30 for a garage to fit a wiper, and adjust the handbrake linkage. It might pass the MOT with just this work, but then again it might not.

Total value of car? £60.

Which is roughly the same as the weigh in value. Or the same as I bought a taxed and MOT'd BX TD for..... Says a lot really doesn't it.
/\

yeah that!