Radio?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Charlotte
BXpert

Radio?

Post by Charlotte »

Some filthy good-for-nothing wretch raped the original stereo from my BX while it was "resting" down the side of the workshop - and radios are the only thing BX we don't have.

I have fitted a number of radios that I have found kicking about the place to it but all the codes are wrong. Anyone have a radio I can buy? I'd prefer a real BX one because I hate car stereos that tell you everything they can do with an annoying light show.

By the way, we have an immaculate estate pair of bumpers upstairs in red (I think it's rouge furio like mine) and there have been rumours of THROWING THEM AWAY. We should throw away all the Xantia bits instead... :x

We also found a load of series one dash pods and stuff which would go really cheap as we don't have any regular customers with series ones.
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Might have an original radio here, will route through the stock of rubbish, sorry, spare parts, I have and let you know.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

If the radios with wrong codes are Blaupunkt I may be able to decode them, just provide seial number on the side by pm :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Charlotte - i would advertise all the bits you've found, i'm sure there are a few mk1 owners on this forum who would be interested.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Radio?

Post by DavidRutherford »

Charlotte wrote:We also found a load of series one dash pods and stuff which would go really cheap as we don't have any regular customers with series ones.
*jumps up, all excited*

OOH... OOOHHH.... what'cha got? Now that the weather has improved (a bit) I'm looking seriously at the beginnings of the restoration of the Digit... and half it's dashboard switches don't work....... Very interested indeed.

Whereabouts are you?
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Charlotte wrote:By the way, we have an immaculate estate pair of bumpers upstairs in red (I think it's rouge furio like mine) and there have been rumours of THROWING THEM AWAY. We should throw away all the Xantia bits instead... :x
Your car looks like venetian red to me???

Although, right on girl, another Xantia hater, my work here is done!! :wink:

David Rutherford wrote:Now that the weather has improved (a bit) I'm looking seriously at the beginnings of the restoration of the Digit
Need a hand????????????
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Charlotte
BXpert

Post by Charlotte »

The paint code under the bonnet spits back "rouge furio". Oscar's is venetian red (I wish mine was) and if you look closely you can see the difference. Plus, my doors are later add-ons, even though the glass is still etched with f216 mgu... weird.
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

wierd! I guess if the glass was etched and the doors were swopped it's entirely plausable that the glass was swapped over between doors?
Or maybe the glass was etched after fitment?
Charlotte wrote:Oscar's is venetian red (I wish mine was)
Welllllllll, I've got four BX's to spray venetian red in the pipeline, maybe later this year, certainly next year....

Mine included since it's now Lunar Pink!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

DavidRutherford wrote:
Charlotte wrote:We also found a load of series one dash pods and stuff which would go really cheap as we don't have any regular customers with series ones.
*jumps up, all excited*

OOH... OOOHHH.... what'cha got? Now that the weather has improved (a bit) I'm looking seriously at the beginnings of the restoration of the Digit... and half it's dashboard switches don't work....... Very interested indeed.

Whereabouts are you?
Ditto :)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Charlotte wrote:Some filthy good-for-nothing wretch raped the original stereo from my BX while it was "resting" down the side of the workshop - and radios are the only thing BX we don't have.

I have fitted a number of radios that I have found kicking about the place to it but all the codes are wrong. Anyone have a radio I can buy? I'd prefer a real BX one because I hate car stereos that tell you everything they can do with an annoying light show.

By the way, we have an immaculate estate pair of bumpers upstairs in red (I think it's rouge furio like mine) and there have been rumours of THROWING THEM AWAY. We should throw away all the Xantia bits instead... :x

We also found a load of series one dash pods and stuff which would go really cheap as we don't have any regular customers with series ones.
Dont throw away the Xantia bits as I have one, and I love it and dont care what you lot think! :wink:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bin for the win!
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Tim, I guess someone has to like the putrid rubbish cars from hades... Glad it aint me though! :wink: :lol:

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

docchevron1472 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Tim, I guess someone has to like the putrid rubbish cars from hades... Glad it aint me though! :wink: :lol:

You will see the light one day Cristof!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I took the original stereo out of Snoopy because I wanted to fit a modern one.

The radio works fine, but I never tried the cassette deck.

Yours if you want it! I've even got the manual. It's in Snoopy's boot so I can't get it straight away though.
medwaycitroen
Confirmed BX'er

Post by medwaycitroen »

This is Charlotte incognito - I changed my email and now can't log in :(

I definitely want BX radio! We're in Medway (North Kent)

All joking aside though, we do have tons of Xantia parts, almost as much stuff as we have BX.

We had a series 2 Xan top of the range and it was nice, but the seats are nowhere near as comfortable as a BX. I love the way that you can tilt the front of the BX seats up - when I do this all the way my feet can't tough the floor! :lol:

Mark 1 BX stuff - I'm not in the workshop again until tomorrow, if you are DESPERATE then call Remy on 07800 577409.