drivers side handbrake cable bracket and abs sensor wanted.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RichardE

drivers side handbrake cable bracket and abs sensor wanted.

Post by RichardE »

At the weekend the Abs light on my gti came on and stayed on, the car was booked in today for the drop links to be done anyway so got them to take a look at this while it was there.apparently the drivers side handbrake cable bracket had corroded broke loose and had somehow damaged the sensor :?: ,and am now on the hunt for both.I know gsf and euro car parts have sensors but they're over £80 Would a used sensor do the job? Or is it the kinda thing that really should be replaced with new?And if so does anyone have one I could buy?Any help would be great cheers,Richard
1991 BXGTI Auto A/C Silver
1990 TZS Break Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ah yes, the infamous broken bracket syndrome. Alas I cant help with bits mate,since the same happened to mine, and I used the last spares I had fixing it. Although my ABS still plays up, and it's the O/S sensor, which Ireplaced witha second hand one.
Thats not to say thata second hand one wont be fine, but mine wasn't, and I'll get a new one.

That doesn't of course help you.

The bracket could probably be welded up.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
RichardE

Post by RichardE »

Cheers Doc I did ask the guy about welding the bracket up but he said that he could'nt for some reason. I'm gonna try Medway for a bracket and looks like it's gonna have to be a new sensor.So another hundred odd quid again.This Bx ownership is turning out to be pretty expensive .......
1991 BXGTI Auto A/C Silver
1990 TZS Break Auto
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Don't see why you can't weld the front bracket - I did. OK a straight but weld won't work - but weld something alongside the original rod over the joint does - as I did mine about 7 years ago and they're still holding.

Have you tried repairing the sensor? This may have been suggested before on another thread. Its often the lead which fails and new co-ax cable can be soldered in carefully. I'm sure details have been posted many times before.