nice shiny white '91 TZD... offers?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
simonineaston
Confirmed BX'er

nice shiny white '91 TZD... offers?

Post by simonineaston »

Having reasonably carefully given the pros and cons of keeping my TZD on the road, I have come to the conclusion I should let someone else have a go at it! Thus my jolly old '91 TZD is up for grabs... eagle-eyed forum readers will note from other threads on this very forum that it has a number of problems, mainly a dodgy head and some rust on the n'side inner wing - I have just removed the head to reveal all, so the extent of the necessary work can be quite readliy assessed. If anyone wants to get it back on the road, or as a source of spares, no reasonable offer will be refused!
If I don't get any offers after a couple of weeks I'll ring the guy at Citroen City (don't know his name...) to see if he wants it.
Photos can be made available but the summary is: '91 TZD with around 85k on the clock, with aforementioned engine and bodywork problems, good interior condition (ABS and a/c not fitted), new front brake pads, , otherwise in reasonable working order! Its main strong point, is the recently fitted set of Continental tyres, all matching, currently on steel wheels. The timing belt/tensioner kit, head gasket and head bolts come with the deal! The main reason I've decided to pack it in is lack of time - I'm in the middle of renovating my house - so collection is the name of the game.
Simon, Bristol UK
('91 TZD 1.7)
simonineaston
Confirmed BX'er

Post by simonineaston »

oh... and I forgot to mention the 6 week old Halfords battery and the Kenwood CD stereo, including a couple of posh carbon-fibre drivers... Woopee Doo :D
Simon, Bristol UK
('91 TZD 1.7)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I may be interested, if the engine problems can be solved relatively easily and cheaply.

How bad is the rust? Does it need welding right now, or will Jenolite keep things together for a couple of years?

Any pictures?

T&T?
simonineaston
Confirmed BX'er

Post by simonineaston »

No T, or T :? - it's really the rust that's putting me off, to be honest! From what folks are saying, the motor will probably struggle on with the original head bolted back on or else it sounds as you can do a proper job with a new head and not have the worry that the old one isn't up to the job. Unfortunately I just can't afford the time :cry: There's some pix on Picasa - here a link for you.
http://picasaweb.google.com/SimoninEast ... enBXEngine
I don't want much for it, enought to reflect the value of the tyres and the brand new battery and that's about it ! I'd rather it went to a good home :D
I'm working away from home this week - so I'll take lots of snaps this week-end as well as getting the details on the tyres (they're Conti.s, one of their silicon-based rubber jobbies that they swear you'll get an extra zillion mpg out of, they were rated pretty well by Which? when I looked.
Simon, Bristol UK
('91 TZD 1.7)