BX Meteor progress

BX Tech talk
jrdpod
BXpert

BX Meteor progress

Post by jrdpod »

My BX Meteor is running well in general, 4 months after I put it back on the road.

Did have an intermittent starting problem recently, but cleaning out the carb seems to have cured that.

The car still sometimes seems a little hesitant at lower revs, just after starting off, but is otherwise fine.

I need to get some more Meteor Grey paint mixed, so some panels match better.
They were painted when the car went back on the road, but seemed a lighter shade, than the rest of the paint. I has got the colour matched properly, as I took the car to the place where the paint was mixed.
I understand the paint code for my car is "EGG". I'm going to try a different paint supplier next time.

I'm also after a proper Meteor tailgate, if anyone knows of one floating around.

There are also a couple of welding jobs due; on the front N/S inner wing, where there was a "bodge", with a hole just being "plated over", and on the rearmost exhaust mounting, which has come away from the underside of the car. Currently, the exhaust is supported here by very strong wire. This is all to do with a rear shunt the car had before I got it.

There is also one brake calliper to renew before next MOT.

I must admit to not having rectified the dashboard gremlins yet. As I mentioned before, I'll need to renew the low coolant switch on the radiator.

Have a good Bank Holiday.

Regards
John Podgorski/jrdpod.
John R D Podgorski
jimg

tail gate

Post by jimg »

I am currently looking for a new engine for my meteor, but if i have no luck the car will be for sale as spares.
jrdpod
BXpert

Re Meteor Progress

Post by jrdpod »

Best thing to do is keep me informed.

If you did "part out" the car, would you be prepared to sell individual bits, or would you want to sell the whole car to one buyer, as a possibler donor vehicle ?

I myself also live a long way from Poole !

Regards
John Podgorski/jrdpod.
John R D Podgorski
jimg

spares

Post by jimg »

I would probably do whole car as have lack of space at home.