Headroom

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Headroom

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The trouble I have with the BX is rear headroom. I guess having a sunroof doesn't help, but can anybody tell me - does the BX estate have appreciably better headroom than the hatchback?

If so, next year I will be looking for a very good estate...

Phil
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Yes, the roof line on an estate is higher, they don't have a sunroof too. So even more room.
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Right, thanks. So, what's the best model to go for - and, more importantly, is there a good one out there that might be coming up for sale??? Phil :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

If you want to go fast there are some TZi's - which have the full TZ trim and the 8 valve GTi engine - or the's the ever popular TZD turbo (formerly DTR Turbo) which was really the state of the art in diesels in 1988 and still is an excellet car today.

Both of these are mechanically identical with the saloons (apart from minor differences like anti-roll bars, spheres and rear struts). Most of the others have different gear ratios - and rev a bit harder in 5th etc.

The TD doesn't really seem to have more problems than the non-turbo diesels and many are happily running around with 200,000 miles or more. The estate may use a touch more fuel than the saloon but the TD's are not really any thirstier than the N/A ones.

I think Tom Sheppard was thinking of selling his red one with air conditioning - but i don't know what his current plans are.

jeremy