Help find ABS info

BX Tech talk
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Help find ABS info

Post by Jaba »

I have a permanently on ABS light.
I remember seeing recently a fault finding guide in a Common Problems and Fixes reference type section written by el presidente, chooffed if I can find it now though. In fact we dont seem have an Archive lookup section at all. This then is I suppose a request or suggestion to set one up and put those techie stickies into it too.
Anyone know where it is located. ???????

Meanwhile out with the meter and the circuit diagram......
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Club stuff. Not to be discussed, so not on forum. Try here :
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/diy/
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Thanks for the info Anders. I was looking in the wrong place. False memory syndrome then.
In the meantime my metering had shown that the circuit on pins 7 and 25 was open circuit. The wiring schematic said this was the RH Front sensor, it wasn't, on this car - a perfectly standard and unaltered GTi - it was wired to the RH rear.
The moral of this post is don't rely on the wiring diagram to predict which sensor is failing.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Update on this problem.....
The RRH sensor is open circuit. I probed into the cable and metered it out and found no broken cable anywhere. So I cut through the cable near the sensor and can now safely say that the sensor itself, not the cable is o/c. Damn.

I am away in France for a month now. Annoying that I have a couple of spares at home. But I don't want to pay the £90 or so for a Citroën replacement so I will just have to look at the permanent warning light until I get home.