G plate BX 19 GTi In Grey ***FREEEEEE!*** Taxed / MOT'd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

G plate BX 19 GTi In Grey ***FREEEEEE!*** Taxed / MOT'd

Post by M »

Hello there - I have had an email from a non member BX owner who is after trying to sell on his GTi
Here are some details ( I will upload some photos later on).
Seller wrote: Martin,

Many thanks for getting back. I'll give you as many details as I can.

Model: BX 19 GTi (cc is actually 1905)
5 door
colour: grey

2 former owners before me, one very brief, one 1990 to 2005, maintained by the same mechanic - that long owner was his sister.

I attach a couple of invoices from Carlos Vitorino, the mechanic, showing what was done on October 87th 2006 and May 5th 2006. There were two or three other things done to it between when I bought it in summer 2005 and May 2006, but I'm afraid those invoices are with my accountant. It has got quite a few new components under the bonnet. As I mentioned below, the starter motor is about to go and it does seems to be leaking, maybe from the hydraulics. It takes a long time to raise itself up if not driven for a days. It has one new tyre, driver side rear, and it also needs a spare tyre. The front bumper is also slightly out of place.

I attach a number of photographs to give an impression of it.

MOT runs out on October 3rd, tax on November 30th.

It's probably cutting it a bit fine, and if no one's interested I'll take it along to Plough Lane Auctions in about 10 days. I'm happy to give your club a heads up if it comes to that, as I'd ragther it went to an enthusiast than a breaker.

Hoep all this is helpful. Once again, thanks for you help and interest.

Stephen
[/IMG]

PM me with any offers and I will pass your details on.

Marty.

EDIT:
FormerBXDriver! wrote: Had a slight re-think. I'm happy to give it away if someone will come and collect it. I'm located in Wimbledon, and it is currently off road and garaged. It still drives, I don't know about long journeys, but I drove it from Wimbledon to Tunbridge Wells and back a week or so ago. The warning stop light was on most of the way back, but it didn't conk out, and it's driven on the couple of occasions I've used it since.

It's Mot-ed until the end of next Wednesday, 3rd, and it's Taxed until 30th November. It's got 3/4 tank of petrol in it.

I will have to make a decision by Monday, as if nobody wants it I'll have to take advantage of its last day of legality and drive it along to Plough Lane auctions. I'd rather it went to someone who appreciated it. If someone wants to tow it I guess they've got until the end of November to do so.
Last edited by M on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Someone should give this a go. If it ends up in an auction it'll almost certainly go to a scrapman's bid. Shame I have no time/money/space at the moment.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

BUMP - now free to a good home - but act very quickly and if trying to contact me at the weekend please use the PM not the email function.
MARTY.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I will always take a unloved BX! Let me know,
M

Post by M »

PM's, Posts and text messages! Passed your details on Tim - good luck and let us know how you get on (pictures of course once polished!)

Marty.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Marty, I have emailed him and await a reply. Ive never ad a Gti8v manual before so it would be nice. 16v is coming off the road soon due to the MOT looming so I will be BX'less!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Collecting Sunday morning at about 10am will keep you posted!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

A great story! That's my old manor in South London. Glad it's going to a good home. I suppose you're going to put it on a trailer Tim? Or drive it?? Post some photos of the collection ^^bx>
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Trailer! Pah! its roal legal matey, albeit only just, Ive insured for myself and Mr Fearn today fully comp £150! MOTs booked for next wednesday.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Another one saved :D, you & your freebies eh.....
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Not actually free, I ALWAYS offer a gesture for each car Ive been given, and its only fair I at least reimburse him for the tax as he could cash that in, so thats what I am doing.

Will keep u posted re sunday.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Very spirited of you, look forward to hearing more once you have driven the beast, hopefully it will prove a nice drive, i do miss driving my Gti :cry:.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice one Tim. I echo other's sentiments: I miss driving my GTi :cry:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ian and myself will be in wimbledon as of about mid morning sunday so if you in the area phil we could meet up "brunch" lol!
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

Nice one Tim, same car & colour as my first BX, 8v GTi's are good motors.

Your insurance company are ace, they did me a cracking deal on the TGS, my bike is with them now too.