Plastic door trim

Anything about BXs
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Plastic door trim

Post by fatgeezer »

I'm the bloke that won the '91 BX14 St Tropez on ebay a couple of weeks ago that was the subject of a posting on here. Well I've got it so now the fun begins!!. Does anybody know how to remove the lump of plastic on the drivers door that goes from top to bottom and encompasses the speaker cos its covering up the screws for the mirror which I need to replace. I have unscrewed the only visible screw (near the top) but it is still being held somewhere. I think if get any more butch with it it'll probably split!!. I am afraid I get very frustrated with something like this which should be childs play. The Haynes manual of course is totally different to the 'real' door as usual. Any advice would be most appreciated.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hey Fatgeezer! Welcome along to the wonderful world of BX. I don't know your car - mine is earlier but my door linings were held in by what looked like grey rawlplugs but pulled out with pressure. Wait til some of the other guys chip in then you'll have the solution..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Post by fatgeezer »

OK thanks for replies. I did'nt realise I had to take the whole door card off as it looks as if the plastic part is on top of the card and is a seperate thing that would simply come off on it's own. Will have another go tomorrow. Next thing to look at will be the non functioning rear wash/wipe. Thanks again.
Last edited by fatgeezer on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Non functioning rear wash wipe:

If neither wipe nor squirt work, suspect the switch on the instrument cluster.

If squirt OK, and no wipe, check the rear wiper motor has volts on it when the switch is pushed.

It is easy to replace the motor. The motor can seize up if the little drain hole in the boot near the spindle gets blocked with bits of leaves so rain can enter the mechanism.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!