Someone's nicked my BX

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Someone's nicked my BX

Post by soxer123 »

Just to alert members in the hope of a possible sighting. Someone stole my BX from outside my place either late Friday night or Saturday morning.

It was stolen in Walsall West Mids and is a dark grey metallix BX Meteor minus the rear spoiler. Reg Number was H834 KKV.

As reported here in the past, it was converted to run on LPG and I am surprised the miscreants would have been able to get it going easily if they didn't know this fact.

Just thought I would bring my misfortune to the club's attention. KP
1990 BX Meteor 55k

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:shock: Will keep a eye out for you matey, srry to hear that
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I'd be surprised anyone would want to nick a BX, except that someone tried with my old red RD just before I got it!

I imagine it'll be joyriders. Even so - best of luck getting it back (and better luck with the insurance if you don't). I doubt it'll get as far as here, but I'll keep my eyes open.
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Price of steel

Post by soxer123 »

These days, they are nicking older cars to weigh in for scrap.

The most upsetting thing is being unemployed, the economy of the LPG meant I could afford to run a car. Heavens knows what I will get in settlement forom the insurance. KP
1990 BX Meteor 55k

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

A guy I work with lives in that area. Ill ask him to keep a look out too. I had a 2cv stolen once; it comes as a real shock. I thought I had gone mad and forgot where I left it for the first 2 minutes. Sorry to hear of this- Shame it had LPG too, but it does make it more distinctive....
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

The double take

Post by soxer123 »

Yes, I did exactly the same. I looked up the street to check I hadn't parked it there and forgotten and even round the front of the building where I never park. I then went back and looked at where the car was parked the night before.

There's been no report of it being found so far and the annoyance is beginning to grow. For example, it is highly unlikely I will be able to afford to run a car on petrol (as the BX was LPG).

I have enough problems on my plate at the moment, I don't need some little joyriding toerag adding to them by taking my stuff. KP
1990 BX Meteor 55k

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

With respect mate I'd go to your local scrap metal (as opposed to scrap car) yards and see if you can spot it.
Vauxhall apologist.
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Probably already cubed

Post by soxer123 »

The nearest place of that nature here, they are crushed while you wait.
1990 BX Meteor 55k

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Still worth asking and if they seem evasive or fishy phone the police.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Isnt it illegal to scrap a car without showing the scrappy the V5????
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Lots of things are illegal

Post by soxer123 »

If people took notice of what's legal and illegal, my BX would still be standing out there in the parking bay.

"Needs must and the Devil drives" they say - Scrap metal crushed into a cube is just that and a few quid in the pocket of some gypo.
1990 BX Meteor 55k

cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

I will keep my eyes open too...it is easy because it should look like mine (or not ?)
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Still stinging

Post by soxer123 »

Yes, I am still stinging over the loss. Not so much that it was a Citroen or any other brand, but as I said the other day to someone, I don't have many more branches to hit before I hit rock bottom and this has not helped.

I don't think it will turn up intact now and the insurance company say I should be offered a settlement in a few days (like as if that is any comfort).

Thanks for the support (everbody).

KP
1990 BX Meteor 55k

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

MULLEY wrote:Isnt it illegal to scrap a car without showing the scrappy the V5????
Suposedly but I'm led to believe that some places less scrupulous than others and if it was cut up first and lobbed into the back of a van or another scrapped car then it would probably go un noticed I'm afraid.
Let us know how you get on Soxer and I hope you either get it back or receive a fair pay out for it and find something else.
Vauxhall apologist.
soxer123
Confirmed BX'er

Expected payout

Post by soxer123 »

Well, once the excess is taken into account, I think I will get between 3 and three fifty. It's not going to buy much as a replacement and I certainly won't find an LPG powered vehicle.
1990 BX Meteor 55k