one more year but damp boot

Anything about BXs
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

one more year but damp boot

Post by RobC »

just passed the MoT clean through, not even any advisories!

pretty chuffed.

got them to put on a couple of new rear spheres too, (i did the front a year or so ago). makes such a difference on the motorway, love that floaty feeling
Very Happy

one question tho - the boot floor is soaking. i know from previous experience that when the sunroof drains get blocked, the rear footwell gets wet. but this time it's the boot floor and also under the rear seats (the footwell is dry). is this still sunroof drains or something else?
1991 Citroen BX 16v
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

:shock: :shock:

thanks (i think!) jon. will invesigate, but fingers crossed it won't be that :(
1991 Citroen BX 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well done rob, and I concur with that theory, they can be a bit "holy"
Bazza
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bazza »

I had water sitting under the rear seat r/h side, and of course, the boot floor and carpet. Only in one car out of five. The car does have a sunroof but then again so do two others. This particular leak turned out to be the grommet r/h top of boot lid where the wiring enters the hatch from the body. I have only had this car a few months and was disapointed to see water inside as none of the others leak. The previous owner has fitted a hatch with the big spoiler on it. He must have just cut the grommet around the wiring where the wiring leaves the chassis, and not bothered to do anything about the gaping hole with those few wires passing through. The water runs off of the roof and straight into the car, coming out above the roof lining. It pools behind the r/h big plastic panel as well as dripping on the rear of the seat. I have had a go at squeezing sealant in to the hole and a few more goes after allowing to cure, should close the hole. Maybe yours is split Rob.

Well done on passing the mot too. Never a problem out here as rust is indeed a rare thing. Unless of course we allow these leaks to get the better of us.....Good hunting.
NZ's self promoted DS Registrar. (over 933 listed)
1970 D SPECIAL...
1988 BX TRS Auto
1988 BX TRi
1990 BX TZD TURBO ESTATE.
1989 BX TRi Auto
1985 BX GT...Manual.
1991 BX TZD Saloon in white. LOVE it.